New kodi not compatible with older device
Kodi 17 is not compatible with my Samsung gala tab 3 light 16.1 worked great is there still away to use or download the older version

Thanks for any help
scroll down to older releases : https://kodi.tv/download/
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
Will there be permanent support for the older releases or will the new addons be compatible with the older releases?
For the most part we don't create the add-ons (with a few exceptions where team members write stuff on their own), so that question would be down to the individual add-on authors.

But of course newer versions of Kodi offer new features, and occasionally the way existing things are done are either improved/changed or occasionally removed. So if add-ons make use of those new features, there can be times when add-ons need a certain version of Kodi to run.

We do not support older releases in terms of bug fixes etc (that's what the new versions are for), but we do what we can to help out if there are issues reported here.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you very much for the answer. I understand clearly now. @DarrenHill.

I had deleted old version of Kodi from my Rockchip 3288 Android Device. When I tried to download the new version in the Playstore it said not compatible with my device. So I reinstalled from .apk file. Now everything seems okay now.
On Android there's also the interaction with the firmware itself (the version of Android that runs).

Krypton requires Android 5.0 (Lollipop) to run, which may be what you've encountered in this case if your device is using Android KitKat (4.x). Such devices either need a firmware update (to Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat) or you're stuck at using Kodi Jarvis (or need a new device...).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-17, 14:01)DarrenHill Wrote: On Android there's also the interaction with the firmware itself (the version of Android that runs).

Krypton requires Android 5.0 (Lollipop) to run, which may be what you've encountered in this case if your device is using Android KitKat (4.x). Such devices either need a firmware update (to Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat) or you're stuck at using Kodi Jarvis (or need a new device...).

Or MAYBE a custom ROM to get the device to Lollipop...

I just gave up on Android as it seems the devs for Kodi really don't care for it much...switched over to Zotac mini PCs and Win 10...no more issues about what version will work with the OS now.
That's what I meant by a firmware update Wink

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi. I only just heard about Kodi and decided to put it on my Samsung Tab 3 in order to get a feel for what it's all about.

As per other posts here, i can't get it. The Play Store (or at least the search bar) does seem to recognise searches for Jarvis 16.1 for download. Though it still doesn't seem to offer that to me.

So you have a link above (which I'm looking at on my laptop pc) for older releases. But I don't understand it. I just want a nice shiny icon like you get in the google play store! So i click Android I presume. Then...I get a screen with three lines: (1) Arm 64- v8a, or (2) arm/ or (3) X86/. What is this? I don't understand it.

If I ask it to save somethig it's going to save it on to my pc (unlike with google play store, which links PC and tablet). Do I need to open the link on my tablet and save something?

The other option mentined is to update the firmware. I presume that means on my tablet. Is this easy to do? Do the automatic updates that happen on my tablet not update things?

I just want to get a feel for what KODI is. As you may have guessed I'm not very IT savvy...
If you tell us the exact model of your device we can tell you which version you need to download. Rather than saving it to your PC it would be easier to use the browser on your tablet which will then download to your device & make it easier to install Smile

Alternatively, you could try installing SPMC from the Play Store, that might be a better option for you actually. SPMC is basically a fork of Kodi Jarvis.
(2017-08-06, 21:35)FXB78 Wrote: If you tell us the exact model of your device we can tell you which version you need to download. Rather than saving it to your PC it would be easier to use the browser on your tablet which will then download to your device & make it easier to install Smile

Thanks for the prompt reply.
SM T210. Is that what you mean? Android 4.4.2. Kernel version 3.4.5 -3952694

(2017-08-06, 21:35)FXB78 Wrote: Alternatively, you could try installing SPMC from the Play Store, that might be a better option for you actually. SPMC is basically a fork of Kodi Jarvis.

Do I need to know what a fork means? Blush
Krypton needs android 5 or higher to run. Hence why the play store is giving problems.

As noted above, you're probably best off with SPMC if sideloading is not something you're confident with.

A fork is when someone takes the code and works on it seperately and in a different direction or with a different end target. But SPMC is produced by Koying, who is a team member and our former android developer and it works very well.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-08-06, 22:29)DarrenHill Wrote: Krypton needs android 5 or higher to run. Hence why the play store is giving problems.

As noted above, you're probably best off with SPMC if sideloading is not something you're confident with.

A fork is when someone takes the code and works on it seperately and in a different direction or with a different end target. But SPMC is produced by Koying, who is a team member and our former android developer and it works very well.

Ok thanks. Am I right in presuming that the only way to upgrade my tablet to android 5 or above is to buy a new one?
Sideloading means...using those download links in "Older Releases"?
There is a modified version of Kodi 17 Krypton that works well with Android Kitkat ver 4.4 devices.
google - MyGica Kodi 17 for Android 4.4 -
(2017-08-07, 01:40)rrain Wrote: There is a modified version of Kodi 17 Krypton that works well with Android Kitkat ver 4.4 devices.
google - MyGica Kodi 17 for Android 4.4 -

I have a box with 6.0.1 and still won't let me use 17 and I can't find a build for 16 jarvis that works I keep getting dependency errors any idea what to do for me?do you think mygica 17 would work for my problem? Thanks in advance Steven

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New kodi not compatible with older device1