v17 Use multiple profiles? Don't upgrade to KODI 17
No this is the wrong place. There's many open threads on Kodi not running after updating 16/17. A common problem is that Addons20.db from Kodi 16 didn't update to the new version Addons27.db properly. But do check some of the other threads on "Kodi 17 / 17.1 won't run".

scott s.
Well, it seems logging off causes the problem. If you have two or more profiles and use exit instead of logging off, the profiles remain intact. Has to be done from the start though, what I mean us if they're messed up now, exiting won't fix. Recreate them all and just use exit. It works for me anyway.
(2017-04-15, 07:58)Audiomonk Wrote: Well, it seems logging off causes the problem. If you have two or more profiles and use exit instead of logging off, the profiles remain intact. Has to be done from the start though, what I mean us if they're messed up now, exiting won't fix. Recreate them all and just use exit. It works for me anyway.

That is a work-around, and if it works for you, great.

It is not a fix.

My KODI box is behind a wall, acting as the presentation layer of a media solution. Not easily accessible.

I use a Logitech RF/IR remote to move around within KODI. When I am done, I use "shutdown", as I am no longer using the solution.

For me to "exit", would bring me back to a win10 screen, where I then have to get a mouse/keyboard combination to shutdown the computer.

So, not a fix.

I look forward to 18.x. 17.1 was a nice try.
Yep, exit is not a fix you're right. It works for me and my girlfriend as shutting down would be unnecessary (android).

I'm sure it's going to be something really simple to fix, and it baffles me why it's not been sorted yet as it's core functionality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use multiple profiles? Don't upgrade to KODI 170