Jarvis 16.1 versus Krypton 17.0 on fire stick & fire TV
I was running Jarvis 16.1 on my Fire stick quite happily (on the whole) and last week upgraded to Krypton (didn't do fresh install just downloaded it on top of Jarvis, hence retained all my settings)
Initially it run OK then just stopped loading. When I tried launching it from the main menu, nothing happened. I wondered if the cache needed clearing (though I had 4gb free). After clearing the cache I got the 'first run screen' but it went no further. I therefore uninstalled it and did a Krypton fresh install. However all I got was a repeat of the above.
I have therefore done a fresh install of Jarvis 16.1 (lost all my settings, as didn't do a backup,,,not even sure how to) and it is running fine again. I am disappointed as I have been eagerly awaiting the stable release of Krypton
So I am asking all of you out there who use a fire stick, what has been your experience. Have you encountered problems or is it running without a hitch on yours.

My next question is that I am considering buying an Amazon Fire TV, so for all of you who have the Fire TV, how does Krypton versus Jarvis run on yours,

Thanks in advance
Thread moved to Android
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-02-18, 10:34)mel08 Wrote: I was running Jarvis 16.1 on my Fire stick quite happily (on the whole) and last week upgraded to Krypton (didn't do fresh install just downloaded it on top of Jarvis, hence retained all my settings)
Initially it run OK then just stopped loading. When I tried launching it from the main menu, nothing happened. I wondered if the cache needed clearing (though I had 4gb free). After clearing the cache I got the 'first run screen' but it went no further. I therefore uninstalled it and did a Krypton fresh install. However all I got was a repeat of the above.
I have therefore done a fresh install of Jarvis 16.1 (lost all my settings, as didn't do a backup,,,not even sure how to) and it is running fine again. I am disappointed as I have been eagerly awaiting the stable release of Krypton
So I am asking all of you out there who use a fire stick, what has been your experience. Have you encountered problems or is it running without a hitch on yours.

My next question is that I am considering buying an Amazon Fire TV, so for all of you who have the Fire TV, how does Krypton versus Jarvis run on yours,

Thanks in advance

No issues with a clean install and running Krypton of a gen 1 Fire TV here. There have been reports of upgrade issues but most have been determined to be down to incompatible 3rd party add-ons / configurations that are not Krypton compliant.

I would suggest browsing the Android sub-forum here to see if there are any comparable problems to yours.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I'm running Kodi on a FireTV 4k, and did so on a Fire TV Stick 1st Gen. The stick started with Jarvis, 16.0, eventually updated to 16.1 when it was released. A few addons, can't even remember which ones, because I never used them. Some internet radio stations, I guess. When I updated to 17 RC2, I had the same effects, but uninstall, followed by a clean reinstall, worked for me.

But still, Krypton isn't running as stable on the 4k as Jarvis was on the Stick.
Rarely, playing a video just stops, returning to the list of videos (.avi w/ h.264 576p, mp3 on my NAS via SMB); yesterday the menue went all black (black letters on black background) after browsing through a lot of photos (again, NAS via SMB).
This time, stopping Kodi via FireOS => Settings => Apps helped.

So, for me, 16.1 was more stable, but overall, Krypton is ok.
For me, Krypton proved unusable on the firestick (gen 1).

Originally did upgrade route, then scrapped that and went through fresh install route. Installed only a handful of addons and it suffered what im guessing are connectivity issues.

basically it was really really slow to open folders. so say something like wabc, go into the add on, and would take maybe five minutes to load up the first folder of items.. select the next folder, wait ten minutes for it to load up

Was fine and stable with local items, but anything that involved online lookup, it was like my firestick was on diallup.

this was on both firesticks, and using both 2.4 and 5 ghz bands

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarvis 16.1 versus Krypton 17.0 on fire stick & fire TV0