Linux Kodi misses new episodes due to unchanged modified date
its because of the fasthash algorithm that detects the new dir, but without either a new file/dir or changed timestamp it cannot dected any changes.
you can turn that off in advancedsettings.xml for the cost of slower scan speed:

Code:
<videolibrary>
    <usefasthash>true</usefasthash> <!-- defaults to true. Set to false in order to skip hashing based on the folders modification time. -->
  </videolibrary>
(2017-02-19, 13:27)wsnipex Wrote: its because of the fasthash algorithm that detects the new dir, but without either a new file/dir or changed timestamp it cannot dected any changes.
you can turn that off in advancedsettings.xml for the cost of slower scan speed:

Code:
<videolibrary>
    <usefasthash>true</usefasthash> <!-- defaults to true. Set to false in order to skip hashing based on the folders modification time. -->
  </videolibrary>

I literally just copy pasted that from another MHDDFS thread Smile Scanning now, it's orders of magnitude slower now but seems to work ok. I still seems like Kodi would fail to scan episodes when they are in a Series->season->episode format as the Series folder mdate would not change even on a basic ext4 system. Or am I missing something?
you are wrong, on "normal" file systems, the parent dir modify timestamp always changes if you modify a file or directory
(2017-02-19, 17:51)wsnipex Wrote: you are wrong, on "normal" file systems, the parent dir modify timestamp always changes if you modify a file or directory

You have completely ignored what I have said multiple times now. The parent directory mdate will change, yes i fully agree, but the grandparent, grand-grandparent and so on will not. So if I add a new episode to a season folder only season folder's mdate will update but NOT the series folder. According to the logs Kodi's full library scan only scans Series folders but skips season folders within. scan for new content does indeed scan season folders in addition to series but that doesn't solve library update issue.
and I'm telling you again that only the parent folder change(season in your example) is enough
@DominicM If you are using mhddfs, then your problem is caused by that piece of software, not Kodi. When mhddfs encounters multiple options (across multiple drives) for the same parent directory, it does not always grab the mdate of the newest one.

Switch to mergerfs and add the mount option "category.search=newest", then Kodi's fasthash should work as expected.
(2017-02-19, 19:33)wsnipex Wrote: and I'm telling you again that only the parent folder change(season in your example) is enough

you didn't say that it was enough for kodi before but ok, i guess then it's just debug log doesn't log it properly.
(2017-02-19, 20:27)rmrector Wrote: @DominicM If you are using mhddfs, then your problem is caused by that piece of software, not Kodi. When mhddfs encounters multiple options (across multiple drives) for the same parent directory, it does not always grab the mdate of the newest one.

Switch to mergerfs and add the mount option "category.search=newest", then Kodi's fasthash should work as expected.

Yes, that's been established. I was going to try out mergerfs after reading about it, thanks for specifying that it works with fasthash option in kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi misses new episodes due to unchanged modified date0