Win Embedded fonts in MKVs / ass subs buggy Kodi 17
Hi, since I upgraded to Kodi 17 (final) I have problem with fonts.
Yes I did a clean install too, to be sure that addons are not interfering.

What is the problem? Somestimes it works sometimes not. I mean something the correct font is displayed sometimes not. Seeking through video forward and then backwards in some cases helps but it is most likely to broke again when I skip through video again. Some styles from ass subtitles are displayed correctly, but in most cases fonts are totally wrong. It also applies to font attributes, like bold or italics effect. It's totally random.
There is nothing about it in log file. It's really annoying, especially that it meant to be a stable version.
It's been known for a long time, all betas, RCs and the final version of Kodi 17 have problems with ass subs. In my case the failure rate is 100% so I'm forced to use DSPlayer. It's really frustrating to lose a basic function with an upgrade.

This is was being investigated here:
http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/17242

Maybe some day will be fixed, but this thread will probably be ignored just like the others reporting this problem.
So I need to downgrade Sad Too bad, I liked the new skin and 4k youtube, but missing ass subs in my anime is a deal breaker.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Embedded fonts in MKVs / ass subs buggy Kodi 171