Timeshift OSD?
A few days ago I tried LE 7.95.3 and noticed that it had some kind of visual feedback of the timeshift buffer in the OSD. I didn't understand it and therefore didn't like it. It didn't feel intuitive.
But that it not my intent with this post to bash that implementation. I wonder why I have never seen this in the daily Milhouse builds, or why there is no info in the OSD about timesift when you are a few minutes behind in LiveTV?
I think this is a pretty important part of a PVR, to be able to see how far you are behind the LiveTV position, and the size of your current timeshift buffer.

Maybe the OSD question should be in the Estuary section, but I thought that everything that is in the official LE release have at some time been part of a Milhouse build?
Milhouse builds are based on Kodi 18, while 7.95.3 is based on Kodi 17.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Yes, currently, but wasn't it Kodi 17 before? Or did you switch to Kodi 18 in your builds before adding things to Kodi 17 was done?
Kodi 17 branched pending release several months ago, 30 November to be precise. Since that date Kodi 17 changes should only have been bug fixes. My builds from 30 November onwards have been based on Kodi 18 (ie. master) which has seen continued development of the Estuary skin, and may account for this timeshift osd difference. And yes, it's entirely possible that something has been added in Kodi 17 after branching that isn't in master and wouldn't therefore be in any of my builds, but in theory that shouldn't really happen.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2017-02-21, 00:58)Milhouse Wrote: Kodi 17 branched pending release several months ago, 30 November to be precise. Since that date Kodi 17 changes should only have been bug fixes. My builds from 30 November onwards have been based on Kodi 18 (ie. master) which has seen continued development of the Estuary skin, and may account for this timeshift osd difference. And yes, it's entirely possible that something has been added in Kodi 17 after branching that isn't in master and wouldn't therefore be in any of my builds, but in theory that shouldn't really happen.

Yes, atm Kodi 17 has more recent Estuary than Kodi 18 nightly. The Estuary maintainer has not synced his work against master for quite some time, but he did for Krypton.
(2017-02-20, 19:53)raptorjr Wrote: A few days ago I tried LE 7.95.3 and noticed that it had some kind of visual feedback of the timeshift buffer in the OSD. I didn't understand it and therefore didn't like it. It didn't feel intuitive.

But that it not my intent with this post to bash that implementation.

I think this is a pretty important part of a PVR, to be able to see how far you are behind the LiveTV position, and the size of your current timeshift buffer

Well, imo it's not that difficult to understand. You have a blue progress bar that shows where you are I the currently playing show. No changes here, was always like that.

The new part is a grey bar on top of the well known blue bar, which appears when you are time shifting the current channel.

This new bar shows where you are in the timeshift buffer for the playing channel. The time on the left of the bar is the start time of the buffer, in most cases the time you switched to that channel. The time on the right of the bar is the end time of the buffer, usually "now". The time in the middle shows the current original play time, means the time the part you just watch time shifted was originally aired.
(2017-02-21, 09:16)ksooo Wrote: Well, imo it's not that difficult to understand. You have a blue progress bar that shows where you are I the currently playing show. No changes here, was always like that.

The new part is a grey bar on top of the well known blue bar, which appears when you are time shifting the current channel.

This new bar shows where you are in the timeshift buffer for the playing channel. The time on the left of the bar is the start time of the buffer, in most cases the time you switched to that channel. The time on the right of the bar is the end time of the buffer, usually "now". The time in the middle shows the current original play time, means the time the part you just watch time shifted was originally aired.

Maybe it was to much information for me. Seemed a little bit complicated. I was kind of hoping for only one bar, where maybe the blue color indicated the buffer, and another color behind that grew when LiveTV was paused, indicating the LiveTV position. Or something like that.
For me not really necessary to have a bar based on the EPG time and the length of the show.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift OSD?0