export listitem to kodi container from python addon
hello....

with my Skin (Metropolicon), i've developped an addon to get all items for a movieset collection including all missing by getting all necessary informations with the tmdb api.

My addon work like a charm BUT the time between kodi call et kodi display is very important :

see that :
in my skin :

<content sortby="year" sortorder="ascending">plugin://script.metropolicontools/?action=getsaga&id=$INFO[ListItem.setid]</content>

inside my python code i check the time execution when returning content to Kodi and i get
14:40:43.719 T:4476 NOTICE: metropolicontools addon --> Time to get GETSAGA Sadid=37) :0.285000085831

But displaying in Kodi take 8 seconds !!! where lose time Huh

if i use :
<content sortby="year" sortorder="ascending">videodb://movies/sets/$INFO[ListItem.setid]</content>
the result is instantaneous

Yes you'll say : "so, your addon suck time"

But the time execution check is launched when enter in my addon and then write in log when out ....so no time lose in my addon....

Is there something Kodi do to check itemlist received by a plugin and take so much time ?

Another thing, when i scroll in my main list and return to the previous movie set item, it take only 2 seconds .....

any clue ?

thanks
Intel NUC 5YPPH-8Go-SSD120go-external drive 1To
Windows 10 PRO - Kodi Krypton 17 - IconMix

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
export listitem to kodi container from python addon0