Playlists from web-conected devices
Hello.  First post here.  Just looking for a little support.  I'm trying to get Kodi set up as a media player in a school so that I and a number of other people can control it remotely.  However, I have run into one show stopper.  I cannot create a playlist and access it from everywhere.

From what I can tell, there are three ways to control the device.
1) From the Device - With a mouse and keyboard I can create and view playlists here. But since I want remote access, this isn't a good solution.
2) Kore remote - I can access the currently playing list of songs, but I cannot seem to access or create additional playlists from Kore.  Again, not a great solution for remote access.
3) Web Interface Chorus2 - probably the interface of choice.  I can create and view playlists, but if I use another browser (or even if Kodi gets a new IP addresses), I lose my playlists.  Poof...Gone.  This doesn't seem right to me.

Any idea on how I might make one place for music and playlists to be store so numerous people on various types of devices can access them?  Seems like web should do that, but it does not.  Thanks for any help.
Ok.  I did find another post that touched on this topic here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=299916

It seems that playlists from the browser related neither to the user or player, but rather to the browser session.  Until this changes I guess I'm out of luck.

Let me just put a plug in for this: It be *awesome* to completely manage the player from a browser window--that is, make changes that affect the player for all browsers and all interfaces.  Add files, create and modify playlists, add sources, etc...  Basically a Google music but it actually plays wherever it's hooked up or through the browser.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlists from web-conected devices0