is performance of box affected by addons?
I know discussion of piracy addon is a big Nono, but if some have malicious code, maybe forum members can name and shame them here so others know to stay away from them.
Or people can just stay away from them anyway...

Simples
(2017-03-15, 12:09)ozkhan1 Wrote: I know discussion of piracy addon is a big Nono, but if some have malicious code, maybe forum members can name and shame them here so others know to stay away from them.
So you want Kodi developers to investigate Banned Kodi addons and decompile to examine for hidden payloads and Botnets and malicious, nefarious code. There has already been one known instance of a very well known banned Kodi addon turning users devices into a Botnet.

Other Banned addons have even been attacking other banned addons. Its trench warefare.

That code examination is not going to happen - the horse will already have bolted so to speak by the time it is discovered something malicious has happened.
As already advised Stay away from all the ones on the Banned Addons list.

(2017-03-15, 11:43)fuzzbomb1 Wrote: Is there a way closing running add-ons? or once you exit is that add-on then closed completely?

Andy

It depends. Some addons are services and run all the time. They have service as part of the addon name.

However your average video or music addon is only running until you exit out of it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is performance of box affected by addons?0