Option to play trailer before main movie file plays?
So,

For each movie I have on my xbox, I have a corresponding movie trailer. I was wondering how feasible it is to have xbmc operate so that when you select a movie, instead of playing the file, it pops up with options to either "Play Movie" or "Play Trailer". It doesn't seem like there's any quick way of doing this, but I thought I would post and make sure. It this is the case, what is my best bet- is it feasible to edit the skin I use to do this?

Thanks for any thoughts.
Woops, had multiple browser tabs open and posted in Development instead of XBMC Support. Sorry about that.
Can't you just use stacking and always have the trailer as the last in the stack?

Movie - CD1.avi
Movie - CD2.avi
hey thats a good idea and turn off the transperant file stacking so you get to choose which one to play
Or make a folder for every movie and put the trailer as one file and the movie as another. That way, you don't have every movie twice as you scroll through the choices and you can take advantage of transparent stacking.
Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'll try these when I have the opportunity (not with my xbox at the time).

Looks to me like simply using folders like mbuchoff suggested would work the best. Of course this means I can't maintain the movie filenames (I'd have to rename them to something like "Play Movie.avi" and "Play Trailer.avi" and only identify the movies by the folder).

Using stacking would be nifty, but then it wouldn't look so pretty to be selecting "Moviename CD2" for the trailer. So, when I get a chance, I'll see if this'll work for me or if I'd rather implement it some other way.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to play trailer before main movie file plays?0