• 5(current)
[Release] CBC.ca News
@zootz62 it is possible that there is network congestion between your device and the video source when you try to watch CBC News.

With respect to this add-on, it works by passing the link to watch to Kodi which uses ffmpeg to play.  Hence I don't think there is anything we can change in the CBC News add-on to address the buffering issues you are experiencing.  You might try searching the Internet to see if others have discovered ways to reduce buffering in Kodi.
(2019-11-21, 18:45)kodaksmith Wrote: @zootz62 it is possible that there is network congestion between your device and the video source when you try to watch CBC News.

With respect to this add-on, it works by passing the link to watch to Kodi which uses ffmpeg to play.  Hence I don't think there is anything we can change in the CBC News add-on to address the buffering issues you are experiencing.  You might try searching the Internet to see if others have discovered ways to reduce buffering in Kodi.

No there is no Network congestion between the device and the video source. I have tried watching it at different times with the same result. I have tried it on both of my android boxes, one running android 6.0 and the other running 8.1. Still does the same. When  you first fixed the addon it worked perfectly from November 2 2019 to about 2 weeks ago.  I have reset the box back to factory, installed kodi 17.6 with the same result, then deleted that and put a fresh copy of 18.4 on and again same thing. Nothing else I watch, live or recorded, buffers like the CBC news addon. I guess I will keep trying to find a solution to fix whatever is happening on my android boxes. Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.
Unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions.

Today I tried playing the Windsor News from Nov. 27th on a Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC 9.2 and Kodi 18.5 and it streamed flawlessly.
(2019-11-29, 20:00)kodaksmith Wrote: Unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions.

Today I tried playing the Windsor News from Nov. 27th on a Raspberry Pi 3 with LibreELEC 9.2 and Kodi 18.5 and it streamed flawlessly.
could you try again, I get errors
The following patch updates the add-on for some recent changes on the cbc.ca website.

NOTE: This post has been edited to remove content that is no longer valid.
Several of the links under News-Canada aren't working (check the log error).  British Columbia, Thunder Bay, NB, PEI, NS and NFLD links get the error

Can you please check, thanks
Thanks @barney63 for the heads up. It appears that the website has inconsistent naming of links for multi-word locations.

(2020-03-16, 18:04)kodaksmith Wrote: It appears that the website has inconsistent naming of links for multi-word locations.  The following patch updates the add-on for local news mulit-word locations (British Columbia, Thunder Bay, NB, PEI, NS and NFLD).
Thanks for the super quick fix, back in business again.  Funny I didn't notice the trend (aside from the fact most of them were provinces and not cities, except TB) or I would have given more of a clue to help fix the problem.  Thanks again.
(2020-03-07, 22:27)kodaksmith Wrote: The following patch updates the add-on for some recent changes on the cbc.ca website.

Thanks again for another quick fix!
Brick 
(2020-03-18, 21:52)mabba18 Wrote:
(2020-03-07, 22:27)kodaksmith Wrote: The following patch updates the add-on for some recent changes on the cbc.ca website.

Thanks again for another quick fix!

The fix from 3/16 was working great but now getting word again after choosing a show (The National). Any updates?
Thanks @huntman for the heads up that this add-on stopped working.

The following patch updates the add-on for some recent changes on the cbc.ca website.

New fix works beautifully! Thanks again kodaksmith.
It's broken again.  The fix from 2020-03-28, 19:19 by kodaksmith worked great for a couple days but now after choosing a show (The National) it errors again.
I can confirm, I'm getting the "check the log" error for just about everything
Thanks @huntman and @barney63 for the heads up.  The web site does appear to be making many changes lately.

The following patch updates the add-on for these recent changes on the cbc.ca website.

NOTE:  This post has been edited to remove content that is no longer valid.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] CBC.ca News0