Kodi 17 issue after upgrade from 16.1
Hi,

My Kodi 16.1 with a shared database on a Synology NAS works perfectly. The "master" Kodi client runs on a Win 10 computer and I have android TV Boxes running as well as an android tablet.

I installed Kodi 17 on the "master" Kodi client machine. The mysql on the NAS created a new database named my Video107. So it seems that this is ok on the NAS side.

On the "master" Kodi client machine after moving back to Confluence skin (just to avoid issues of a new skin), Movies and TV shows are not visible even if the files sources (nfs) are available.

When I edit the sources, the path is ok but when I click "OK", the "Set content" panel is empty. If I select Movies for "This folder contains" option and click on "OK", Kodi ask if I want to refresh. I click "OK" and nothing happen. If I edit the source,t he "Set content" panel is empty again as if I didn't selected Movies few second before.

So far, the solution was to move back to 16.1 and thanks Kodi, I get everything up and running. But it does not satisfy me. I want to understand where I was wrong in the process and I want to use the last stable version of the software I use.

I made a test on a laptop, installed 16.1, create a local database with few films and TV Shows and did the upgrade, everything was ok.

Thanks in advance.
Drop the 107 database, install 17 again, and this time let the database fully update. You probably closed out Kodi 17 too early last time while it was still upgrading the database, and it got corrupt.
Thanks. I'll try asap.
Key thing to remember, and this applies to anyone who may read this post, is that Kodi can take a long time to add your Sources depending upon how much is in them. The best part is, Kodi appears to be Frozen when this is going on (where is the Circle of Doom, or Loading, Please Wait, screens)Huh

For Example (On my system)...

3200+ Movies took over 1 hour to load.
720+ TV Series (thats like 53,000 TV Episodes) took over 4 hours to load.
2000+ Music Albums took over 1.5 hours to load.

So if you have a large library, add it, and walk away for awhile. Wink
Hi, Thank you very much. It works perfectly. That was my mistake.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17 issue after upgrade from 16.10