[Question] setResolvedUrl with success=false stops actual playback
im feeding plugin with custom playable url that will resolved according user input from select dialog but user can cancel that dialog and so plugin calls xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), False, li) that has weird side effect and cancels actual playback is there any solution how to prevent it?

btw
xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), False, None) will crach kodi instantly
I have a similar problem. Did you find a solution?

P.S. I confirm KODI crash if call xbmcplugin.setResolvedUrl(int(sys.argv[1]), False, None)
I noticed the same.
If your list item has 'IsPlayable' property set to 'true', nothing other than success with the setResolvedUrl is going to satisfy the system.

You need to not set that property if you want the user to be able to cancel or go back from that Dialog().select(), at the cost of losing the automatic checkmark when an item is watched (only available to 'IsPlayable' items).
You can still have a checkmark watched system, you just have to code it yourself with the setInfo( 'video', { 'overlay': ... } ) infolabel, and keep track of watching with a database or something, a local file in your addon data folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Question] setResolvedUrl with success=false stops actual playback0