TVDB scraper no longer picking up The Simpsons.
Weird, using last nights build, it is showing 0 episodes now (with last four seasons inside.), and i tried everything. Removing content, wiping, readding content back to tvtb.com scraper, changing scraper settings to default.
It asks when re-getting show info "The Simpsons" and "Simpsons Shorts", which i select "The Simpsons", and it ends up grabbing 0 shows, but does show simpsons basic info. And when changing to "TVRage" scraper, it picks up all episodes properly (47 episodes, which is what i have.), so i did narrow it down to being related to tvdb scraper. I changed back and forth 2 times, ending up at the tvdb scraper, and still shows 0 episodes picking up. I remember there was also another tv show it did that with, i just can't remember right now(was 3:30am at the time.) TVDB scraper is also from last night's T3CH build. This is on my friends xbox where i'm over at now. Haven't tried on my xbox yet, it's still in my xbox backpack, but i just changed his complete xbmc build with last nights build (01-27-08)
Star 
I'm also having problems with the TVDB scraper, I can't get it to find info for "The O.C."

Searching for this on the TVDB site brings up the info, however I cannot get XBMC to display this no matter what I search for.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chris
djdafreund:

Enter the "Select Content" menu. Go to "Settings" on the lower left. Select "Ok" and then exit. Now rescan. If "Compressing Database" comes up, you did it right. Now refresh. Alternativly, you have a weird episode naming convention and forgot to include your advancedsettings.xml when you updated.

christo182:

This is a known error. XBMC strips .'s out of searches. Therefore, o.c. won't work. The scraper doesn't know what to search for. This also happens with L.A. Ink.

See here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=29220

I thought there was a redirect to fix this, but I'm not sure. You might also try to search, in the scraper, for the unique series number. This can be found in the address on the TVDB.com site.

The O.C.
http://tvdb.zsori.com/?tab=series&id=72164&lid=7
72164 = series number.

(I'm not sure if this works, but it should.)
those are the 1st things i did. And i have been using the same naming convention for a while. (Only 2 shows out of 13 don't work.) Anyone else?
how about a bit of read the friendly changelog
Wow, that was fast! Thanks C-Quel, hope this solves it!

@ Calmiche - I tried searching by the series number last night as well but no dice, hopefully the recent changes should solve this thoogh!
-------------------
Revision 11470
Author: C-Quel

Log Message:

fixed: tvshows are now scanning correctly again (blush)
spiff Wrote:how about a bit of read the friendly changelog
It wasn't in there to read at the time. That fix was added after i mentioned the problem. Glad it was fixed though. Weird it only affected 2 shows out of 14. Thank God. Thanks for the fix.
Trust me, i read the changelog every day, sometimes half-day just to see if i want to build another or not. But at the time the fix wasn't mentioned, or realised yet i guess.
did i in any way imply that it was at the time?
no biggie. i was just saying that because it sounded like sarcasm the way it was worded. instead of just saying it was fixed and noted in changelog, it was said how bout reading the changelog, usually implies if i read it 1st it would have answered my question, which is the reason why i mentioned it wasnt there to do so. i am just used to seeing that type of response but mentioning more to the manual, because a lot of people dont read the manual. but it was worded the same. (ie- how about reading the manual.) Just explaining my reason why i said that is all. thanks for fixing that. you guys are amazing, and im soon going to mess around with the linux builds,as i just installed ubuntu on my usb hard drive just to start messing around with linux builds. much easier then the last time i dealt with linux, which was a couple years ago.
i can see where the misunderstanding comes from. all good

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB scraper no longer picking up The Simpsons.0