PC server, best Renderer for TV
New to Kodi, integrating possibilities. My goal is to have a PC server with Kodi server installed (I have that installed and working) and stream movies to my TV in Family room. Already in place and connected to TV is an original Sony Internet TV box (NSZ-GT1), but I think the Android version of the box is too old (3.2 - not up-gradable), and Kodi will not install. I've tried to play movies on Kodi server and select Play Using../Sony Internet TV, but it results in no response or general error, so I assume Kodi needs to be installed at both ends...?

I also have a ChromeCast connected to the TV, but Google search results suggest it could only be used by casting from a phone, which is not my intent.

Oh, my TV is a Vizio, and does not run Android.

So, question is, what would be a good way to get the streaming to my TV. The Amazon Fire or Fire Stick has been suggested, but I want to make sure this is an efficient way to do things - streaming from PC with Kodi to Amazon Fire (or stick) to TV? I realize I could just install Kodi server on the Amazon Fire and go directly to the TV, but I like the idea of using my PC server so I could also stream video, photos and music from local drive. I am also not sure I could control the kodi server through the Amazon Fire remote? I know I could use the Yatse remote on my phone and control the Kodi server.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Doug
Best bang for buck at the moment is probably an s905x Android box flashed with libreelec. You can uninstall Kodi on the PC, you won't need it.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PC server, best Renderer for TV0