How to select an item from a list
Is there a Kodi command to select one of the options from the list on the screen?
For example, the menu on the screen has 5 options:

-Bob's Playlist
-Jill's Playlist
-Kid's Playlist
-Video Addon A
-Video Addon B

I want a command to select a specific entry. Is this possible?
Is this a really dumb question or something? Sorry I'm new at this.
Anyone know how to do this?
Your question is too broad. What do you mean by "list"? There are several ways to create list-like views in Kodi UI and each of them has its own peculiarities.
(2017-03-22, 00:08)Roman_V_M Wrote: Your question is too broad. What do you mean by "list"? There are several ways to create list-like views in Kodi UI and each of them has its own peculiarities.

Oh ok, sorry for not being clear. I don't want to create a list. I want to write a script that will browse a list that shows up on screen.

For example it will enter on TV Show A, then Season 2, then Episode 1, then play every episode in succession in a loop starting at 7a.m.
I just don't really understand the kodi built in functions list and descriptions don't really help online for me.

My mother-in-law is not tech savvy and I really need to make things easy for her when she's watching my kids.
Just not enough information etc.. using the keybaord shift+letter jumps you to the first listing of that letter, if you're fast enough subsequent key-presses will further drill into the letter e.g. keyboard search for s + t in repaid succession will get you to the files that start "st" a third character is respected, but the speed must be consistent. The up/down arrows keys work nicely, mouse is good.

Quote:I want a command to select a specific entry. Is this possible?

The hyphen in front of each listing might add complexity to a search.

Have a look at Add-on:LazyTV (wiki) your mother-in-law will thank-you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to select an item from a list0