IR (infrared) remote control support under Mac OS X?
Question 
I've just started reading up on xbmc, originally looking at the linux port, but then I saw the mac port info and that it will run on a mini.....

The mini is mall, and pretty and the WAF might be survivable Smile Though to make it so, I'd have to have a 'remote' support.

So my question is, what kind of ir remote suport does XBMC have? and what do I need to get it to work?

from what I can tell, I could use a Microsoft XBOX remote, but I would also need something like this (Cable_W0QQitemZ130194077591QQihZ003QQcategoryZ122517QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem) correct?

Are there any other remotes/ir receivers that you recommend? The TV or TVs I'd be hooking these up to are both SD for now..... HD set is already being fed by an htpc running MCE and Media Portal (just working on getting that all going too)...

Thanks for any pointers/suggestions.

Obi
Apparently, I can't add a link properly Smile

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Xbox-Console-to-PC-US...dZViewItem
Apple remote is perfect to me Laugh guess it will work "soon"
The MCE2005 Remote works nicely and it comes with a standard usb connector on it's reciver
Does an ATI 'BOB' remote work? forgot I have one of those lieing around somewhere...
mace Wrote:The MCE2005 Remote works nicely and it comes with a standard usb connector on it's reciver

You are saying this is working natively in XBMC right now?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Remote Buddy can be used to map Apple remote (and others) button presses to keystrokes.

It's not free but there is a 30 day free trial.
Affini: Yes on Linux and Win32. I don't have a mac so I cant test there unfortunally
I'd love to know if it works on OSX.

And anyone have a USB UIRT (http://www.usbuirt.com) -- It would be great if there were drivers for this under OSX.
Well anyone who has a Keyspan Express, I just ported it for XBMC.

Works awesome.
renegade Wrote:Well anyone who has a Keyspan Express, I just ported it for XBMC.

Works awesome.
Wicked thanks!
I guess and hope that Elan will implement the LIRC (Linux Infrared Remote Control) library from MacPorts/DarwinPorts sysutils and if possible to hook into XBMC's existing API for it as it is under Linux for a native XBMC integration.

As for now I understand there is no IR (infrared) support in the Mac OS X port of XBMC yet, so just be patient.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
For sending IR signals on Mac, IRTrans bundled with iRed may be the best solution.

For simply receiving commands through the built-in IR receiver iRed Lite works really well. It supports Apple Remote ID's, so you can have 1280 discrete codes! 2304 codes are possible if you utilize long button presses!!! Remote Buddy has the same abilities, but iRed Lite is free and works well for me.

-Aman
We of course want a free AND open source (programmed in C or C++) library that can be nativly integrated into XBMC, not force users to have to use a closed source third-party application.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Jon Rhees - the developer of USB-UIRT has given me the driver code for Linux and OSX.

I have posted it here

I'm hoping someone can make an OSX driver for it? Cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR (infrared) remote control support under Mac OS X?1