Really slow library update
I recently aquired two RaspI 3's for entertainment purposes. 1 of the 2 takes a very, very longtime to update the library. They are identical, both running the latest version of Openelec. Except, different brands of SD Cards.

The libraries in question are on NAS'es, about 700 Movies, 2000+ TV Show episodes. The first one I setup ran through the update in about 30 minutes. The second is still going, after 4 hours.

So, could the difference between SD Cards be the problem? Bad Raspi? Has anyone seen simular issues?

It's a GB Network, 100mb Internet Service...

Thanks for any input.
Personally I think you should ditch OpenELEC in favour of LibreELEC.

How are both PIs physically connected? I have seen similar issues which turned out to be an issue with Powerline adaptors. A simple test would be to swap the SD cards and see if the problem moves.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
The sdcard has a huge effect on performance of kodi.
You want the faster random access 4K read/writes.

I've seen more than a factor of ten difference between cards and it makes a bug difference on scanning speed and generally gui speed (e.g loading fan art).

It could be other things (e.g. network, or a rogue addon stealing cpu), but sdcard is certainly a likely candidate.
Card was the problem! The new card I bought was a Class 4. The older card I had laying around that I used, was the culprit.

Thanks for the help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Really slow library update0