can't install any version of Krypton on my iMac
(2017-03-22, 21:28)Waltman Wrote: @dd0723 please, Yes! can you use wetransfer

Crap it won't let me transfer it with neither wetransfer or hotmail email because it says its empty. Sad
Got it !! ah crap yeah 0 bytes......ill make sure Memphiz gets it. Lets hope its enough

Can you remove the quotes from your messages with my email in it ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
(2017-03-22, 21:51)Waltman Wrote: Got it !! ah crap yeah 0 bytes......ill make sure Memphiz gets it. Lets hope its enough

Can you remove the quotes from your messages with my email in it ?

yes sir. I removed all references to the email in this thread. Thank you again so very much for all your help.
(2017-03-22, 08:37)Memphiz Wrote: Corrupted database in play here again. Thats what that small stacktrace suggests. Please move away (meaning backup) all your addons.db files (should be addons20.db and addons26.db and other numbers) and provide me those files.
The macos forum here is full of this crash but no single user was so keen to provide me those files so i can investigate - its more then frustrating and way to time consuming support wise. Please contribute.

@Memphiz ddo723 emailed his corrupted addons27.db, file seams to be 0 bytes, so not sure if its okay to properly analyse. Cant PM you, so how do i get it to you ?
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
I can create a 0bytes file myself and see if this crashes. Question is how that file got created ... mhh
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2017-03-24, 08:49)Memphiz Wrote: I can create a 0bytes file myself and see if this crashes. Question is how that file got created ... mhh

@Memphiz and @Waltman would it help if I re-download the package to my mac and make that available to you? I'm not sure how that would help but maybe you can see if the database is corrupted in the download or during the transferring/opening on my system.

Now that I know what the issue is, I have no problems in downloading the package again and installing it fresh once more. I'm still going through the personalization process anyway with Krypton.

that's the only thing I can think of right now to help you out, so let me know if you'd like me to do that.

I appreciate all the help you guys provided me and I'm willing to help in any way I can. Right now Krypton 17.1 is working beautifully on this machine.
@dd0723 i dont think we can recreate this error that easily. I tried to get a corrupted database myself by fresh install, upgrading from 16 to 17.1 But it doesnt happen.
I'm still on 16.1 since my main Kodi installation is on an nvidia 9400m MacMini, so this is all theory but...

Would it be helpful/possible to restore the (deleted) addons*.db from a Time Machine backup and move them to say, a folder on the desktop (thereby deleting them from the userdata folder)? I was thinking this might help get Memphiz some sample bad db's.

Or would that then bork the (working) addons db that deleting the corrupted ones fixed?

I might try a 17.1 upgrade tonight just to see if I can get some corrupted databases for study.
@runningnaked Actually thats a great idea,
I'm having the exact same issue. How do I find addon27.db ?
http://pastebin.ca/3785720 this is the error message I get when I try to install Kodi 7.1
(2017-03-25, 08:32)ChantalC04 Wrote: http://pastebin.ca/3785719

that is not a debug log see http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file use advanced if kodi can't start. As soon as we have the debug log well come back to you.
If you are sure it is the it is the same problem we need you to secure some files for us addons20.db, addons26.db. addons27.db

1. you can find the kodi folder in the hidden user data folder http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata the kodi folder is in application support
2. copy ddons20.db, addons26.db. addons27.db to another folder location
3. delete ddons20.db, addons26.db. addons27.db from the kodi folder
4. restart kodi
5. report back so we can get the files from you through email / dropbox
Yes, it was the same problem. Followed all the steps and it is now working. Thank you very much!
How can I send you addon20.db, addon26.db, addon27.db? I saved them in a separate folder.
(2017-03-25, 09:09)ChantalC04 Wrote: Yes, it was the same problem. Followed all the steps and it is now working. Thank you very much!
How can I send you addon20.db, addon26.db, addon27.db? I saved them in a separate folder.

Glad you solved it. This is a persistent problem, so those corrupted databases are needed to find out what is going wrong.

Ill send you a PM with my e-mail address. Thanks for collecting the files.
Hi guys, is my new version possibly corrupt also? Can't get 17 up and running on my mac.
Thanks, Tera

https://pastebin.com/Utm16EWT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't install any version of Krypton on my iMac1