v17 No video playback on a H265 file
Hi,

A file that plays fine on Shield TV in Kodi 17.1 only plays audio on the RPI3 (Libreelec 8.0.1). Any idea why, or there's a fix, or something I've overlooked?

Debug log in here

Some errors e.g.
Line 9202: 19:14:31.867 T:1961759856 ERROR: CMMALRenderer::Configure - format:2 not supported
Line 9204: 19:14:31.867 T:1328472992 ERROR: OutputPicture - failed to configure renderer
That file should play normally, it's one of the test samples...

I've just played the Hobbit sample file on an RPi3 with LibreELEC 8.0.1 and I have both audio and video, no issues at all (although I'm only outputting to 2.1 channels over HDMI).

Is this an upgrade from an earlier LibreELEC release? Could you try with a clean ".kodi" directory - rename your current /storage/.kodi folder and reboot so that Kodi starts with all default settings, perhaps a setting has become screwed up/corrupted. You can restore your original .kodi folder once you're done testing.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Oh. sorry, my comment was maybe not clear, yes I do play the test sample as well in the debug log, and it works perfectly, but there's a second file as well that does not play, only audio. However it plays fine on the Shield TV.

The specific file loading at line 8728
The Pi has no hardware support for HEVC.

We have added a reasonable amount of 8-bit HEVC support using gpu acceleration.
There is currently no 10-bit HEVC support.

I believe your file is 10-bit HEVC which won't play.
You should be able to convert it (e.g. with ffmpeg/handbreak) to a format that will play (e.g. H.264).
ah.. ok. thanks for the feedback!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No video playback on a H265 file0