• 4(current)
Sony Android TV 6.0.1 - Video playback is stuttering KD-55XD8005 / KD-55XE8505
(2017-07-07, 06:11)CiNcH Wrote: So sad that there is hardly any collaboration...
You are not helping with such comments!
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
There is a certain amount of arrogance and ignorance around this place that saddens me. Guess that's the nature of open source...

I am a software developer myself and I am not the most social person in the world myself. But a certain amount of politeness should be the minimum. And there is certainly a lack of it in this place. And you are pretty much contributing to that...
Well you are certainly acting arrogant yourself by stating certain claims to help absolutely nothing. Who says koying is hardly collaborating? Where's your source that says so?
Kodi and spmc have different videoplayer code to certain degree so if one works and the other not so very it.
If you are a developer then what stops you investing some time finding out where the difference is and how to fix it?

So yeah perhaps we're arrogant but so are users "demanding" shit to be fixed by unpaid volunteers. So far we have the upper hand cause we have to do all the work and the rest is sitting back and watching. Politeness quickly fades away seeing the crap that is being throw at us for making "a worthless piece of shit software" (yes that's an actual quote from random user).

To add you bought a TV with broken FW and paid too much for it and now come us saying fix? Maybe just get a device that actually works.
I am demanding nothing at all. I have just asked a question to somebody who joined into this conversation, asked for samples, received them, but then decided to leave without further notice.

I even developed a DX video renderer myself. And I am reading Kodi code every day. But I feel in no position to contribute to that at the moment. Decoding and rendering is not the easiest stuff in the world. And to quote Mr. Koying from a recent PR concerning the video buffer implementation:
Quote:Yep. I won't pretend having any clue about our player, anymore Wink

Your problem is that you take everything as a demand. Wo got it a long time ago. Demand something from an OS developer and you are out.

The only time when you ever get enthusiastic is when you can accuse manufacturers of having done shit.
Yeah so? What are you expecting now? Our video player changed a lot, koying currently has no real overview how it's handled cause he didn't follow the work. Peak3d is currently doing all the player work for Android and has different priorities currently. Shit possibly doesn't really work at the moment but hey that because a lot has changed and still a lot will change. Maybe in month or more it might stabilise a bit. If krypton doesn't work with a certain sample well though luck cause I'm sure I can find more than one. A lot of broken videos are floating around that no player can handle. So if SPMC can handle it great. V17 is end of story for us so no one will invest time in it anymore . we removed all the old crap and hacks from the code to clean up while koying left parts still in. We cert won't bring back hacks
Facts concerning the provided sample:

Kodi Jarvis: stutter ever few seconds at exactly the same places in AMCS mode
Kodi Krypton: stutter ever few seconds at exactly the same places in AMCS mode
Kodi Leia (nightly): stutter ever few seconds at exactly the same places in AMCS mode

So it does not seem to be related to recent changes. AMCS mode is the common denominator.

On SPMC side:

SPMC Jarvis: stutter ever few seconds at exactly the same places in AMCS mode
SPMC Krypton: NO STUTTERING anymore

So all I wanted to know is whether this is by coincidence or whether Mr. Koying found something out. That's it. No demanding anything, no nothing...
Then ask if he found something in the mean time and not state there's no collaboration!
That's what I did 3 days before posting that. You just have to read...
Yeah and then you posted this statement which is completely pointless
(2017-07-07, 06:11)CiNcH Wrote: So sad that there is hardly any collaboration...

Perhaps you need some education on friendliness
Oh and 3 days? Wauw that's seriously a lot of time to dig through code, find the differences and still have an actual real life away from all this. You seriously don't think that sounds demanding that you expect and answer within three days?
I know I wouldn't have gotten one anyway. I know enough about this place from other occasions. Good thing is that I can make a decision. I know it won't bother you so I refrain from making a theatrical leave...
Man, assuming I'd actually be interested in spending my free doing some detective work as to why this specific sample would work on SPMC 17 (I might, but I actually am almost clueless about the player in 17 as well, really), this is the middle of the week and you can assume I have about zero time to do any device testing to all.

Will it change *anything* if I spend some of my we freetime to answer your question?
Nope, because I don't want to spend more hours about bikeshedding on whether those changes would be allowed into Leia. Basically, the player (any common code, really) is a war zone for me nowadays.

All of that being said, I'm doing all this for my personal fun.
I'm a cynical guy who knows most users don't care about "community" but only care about themselves and their own issues, so those kind of remarks are just expected and ignored.
Quote:Man, assuming I'd actually be interested in spending my free doing some detective work as to why this specific sample would work on SPMC 17 (I might, but I actually am almost clueless about the player in 17 as well, really), this is the middle of the week and you can assume I have about zero time to do any device testing to all.

Will it change *anything* if I spend some of my we freetime to answer your question?
Nope, because I don't want to spend more hours about bikeshedding on whether those changes would be allowed into Leia. Basically, the player (any common code, really) is a war zone for me nowadays.
Fair enough.

Quote:I'm a cynical guy who knows most users don't care about "community" but only care about themselves and their own issues, so those kind of remarks are just expected and ignored.
Just keep this "the whole world is bad and we are the only good guys" stuff for yourself. I just asked a simple question to somebody who joined this conversation and you chose to ignore me. I don't consider this being polite. You could have given me the simple answer that you have no clue and you won't further investigate... which is what you have done now... so thanks for that (and that's not meant in a sarcastic way).
(2017-07-07, 08:40)CiNcH Wrote: Just keep this "the whole world is bad and we are the only good guys" stuff for yourself.

Did I said that? Nope. I said I am what I am and I don't care if you don't like it.

(2017-07-07, 08:40)CiNcH Wrote: I just asked a simple question to somebody who joined this conversation and you chose to ignore me. I don't consider this being polite. You could have given me the simple answer that you have no clue and you won't further investigate

Please keep your definition of "being polite" to yourself.
You might think I keep an orderly todo list of thread I have to respond to as soon as I have some spare time? Hint: I don't!

You actually were one of the few users that was on my "no bullshit" list. Guess what...
Quote:You actually were one of the few users that was on my "no bullshit" list. Guess what...
Couldn't care less as it doesn't change anything apart from you coming one user closer to having them all in your list.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Android TV 6.0.1 - Video playback is stuttering KD-55XD8005 / KD-55XE85051