Simplifying movis and tv shows list
Hi,

I noticed Kodi has updated and looks quite different now. What I don't like is my movies and tv shows views are now filled with different filters and categories. Is there anyway to modify the views so that they would simply display the movies/tv shows in a list sorted by title? Just show all the movies. I don't need to categorize by what are not watched, in progress etc. Just plain sorted list of all the items. How could I do that? Smile

Edit: I still would like to see the posters because they are neat. So, I would like to see the list just as the items are displayed when I click the titles category in the movies (I just would want the list to be as default view but still configurable: wall, posters, list etc.)
Anyone? Is it possible?
Hello dunkha,

Yes, it does look very different, so it takes a bit of getting used to. I like it, and I tend to swap between Estuary (which is the one you don't like) and Aeon Nox.

Anyway to your question.

The easiest and quickest thing to do is load a new skin. Simple. Just go to Settings>Interface>Skin and select a new skin. If you can't find a skin there listed, just select Get More. The original skin was Confluence, and that should still be available. You mention you like the posters, and by this I assume you mean Fanart. If that is the case, try Aeon Nox 6.0. It is the best for showing off all the movie Posters/Fanart

The second option available to you is to go to the Estuary Forum on this site and look at one of the modified versions of Estuary. That assumes you want to keep the existing skin. But I am guessing you want the old one.

What operating system is Kodi installed on?
Hi, thank you for the reply.

I like the look of the new skin but I don't like all the extra that came with it and by that I mean the categories and that the movies are divided between different sections like "in progress", "random movie", "not watched" etc. I would prefer just the movies displayed just the way they are displayed when I choose the title category (all the movies displayed and sorted by title). What comes to the posters best would be if I could swap the display option "wall", "list", "info wall" etc. So basically I would like to get rid of all the stuff I don't really need and I would like this with TV Shows as well.

Almost forgot. The os is Ubuntu.
Well, then definitely give Aeon Nox a try. It has all those display options and more. And the good thing about skins is... if you don't like it, then change it to another one. Apart from taking up a bit of hard disk space, it doesn't affect Kodi... it won't bloat it and slow it down.

Ubuntu... just curious as you posted in a very little used section of the forum. That is probably why it took a little while for anyone to respond. I just happened to come in here only because I clicked the wrong tab. Ubuntu is Linux based, so just post in the Linux forum.
Yes, it's because I was thinking this problem to be OS independent. I mean OS doesn't really got anything to do with my problem and it would persist if I used OS X or Windows. Anyway, I also happened to read it could be possible to remove some of the categories by modifying home.xml but that doesn't solve the problem I would like to display the movies in a list sorted by title. Maybe I could get into the modifying a little bit because I like the look of the new skin. In theory it should be quite simple... hopefully Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simplifying movis and tv shows list0