Network SMB browse via cmd
I cant figure out how to browse the network via SSH.

Via the UI, if you go to videos > files > Add videos... > browse > Windows network (SMB) > workgroup_name > kodi will scan and list the available computers on your network.

How can i mimic that via SSH?

i know how to mount:
Code:
mount -t cifs...

But that requires you to know all the client info; IP, login...

Thanks,
SSH is secure so you couldn't browse like smb windows networks

You can browse via the command line with smb
That's the part i cant figure out.

are you referring to smbclient? that does not seem to be installed by default, what is the GUI using to perform the SMB network scan?
From Linux workstation I use File Manager.

I've setup local windows account, User Kodi, PW Kodi, exclusively for smb shares.

smb://<Computer Name>/
"smbtree -N"
(2017-04-04, 18:35)ileenback Wrote: From Linux workstation I use File Manager.

I've setup local windows account, User Kodi, PW Kodi, exclusively for smb shares.

I have been using that but that implies you have the <Computer Name> or IP... i'm trying to figure out how to scan a network for available shares like in the kodi GUI.

(2017-04-04, 18:56)P.Kosunen Wrote: "smbtree -N"

like smbclient, smbtree doesn't seem to be installed by default.
(2017-04-03, 17:33)apeg Wrote: But that requires you to know all the client info; IP, login...

Who's network you trying to explore? Cool

Got any network tools, or router access?

Wont you need an ip to ssh? Once in suppose you could run some ls commands like ls -d $PWD/*, or ls -a

Or am I confused...<easily>
install samba to get smbclient but it'll mess with your current smb implementation; assuming your on ubuntu but you cant browse for ssh clients.
(2017-04-05, 17:12)apeg Wrote:
(2017-04-04, 18:35)ileenback Wrote: From Linux workstation I use File Manager.

I have been using that but that implies you have the <Computer Name> or IP... i'm trying to figure out how to scan a network for available shares like in the kodi GUI.

(2017-04-04, 18:56)P.Kosunen Wrote: "smbtree -N"

like smbclient, smbtree doesn't seem to be installed by default.

kodi links against libsmbclient to do it. If you want to do it on the command line, the standard program is smbclient. If you don't have it installed, then install it. On Ubuntu, sudo apt install smbclient.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network SMB browse via cmd0