I can sale Raspberry Pi with Kodi?
(2017-04-06, 04:08)DanKing Wrote: Then what I can to do?

You can supply it, as in including a micro SD card with the vanilla and unaltered install on. But what you cannot do is modify it at all, including pre-installing add-ons or anything like that. Basically when the recipient first receives their device, sets it up and runs it then their experience should be exactly the same as if they downloaded it themselves, burned the image onto the SD card themselves and put the card into their Pi and turned it on. On that first boot-up they should see the first run dialogue as that will take them through setting it up on their network etc.

All you can do is save them the effort of the download and SD card creation (which isn't exactly difficult anyway, but whatever gets you a sale).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-04-06, 05:32)loggio Wrote:
(2017-04-06, 04:08)DanKing Wrote: Then what I can to do?

Just sell the raspberry pi's...

Enjoy kodi for what it is and stop trying to profit from a community project. It's people with your mindset that ruin it for everyone in the end.

Or if that answer ain't good enough for you, then offer stock kodi on an SD card for free with the purchase of a RPi... You're in the wrong place if you think anyone is going to help you sell what is free software.

I'm sorry you misunderstood me, my idea is not to sell software, I'm gonna sell RPi like multimedia center and Kodi is totally free, I'm going to make money in the installation of multimedia center, manual (of my own) and the control; I do not want to make money selling software that the creators gave away.

I hope that you can to understand me and sorry for the Bad impression and I'm at your disposal.
Thanks for your answer, You helped me a lot.
Thanks so mucho guys, I'm really sorry for misunderstanding, I don't want to sell a free software, I can not sell a software that the author gave away, is not ethical, I want that everyone know Kodi and its tecnolgy.

ptw: Forgive the misspelling, I don't speak English and wait for your answer.
DanKing: nothing prohibits you selling binaries of free software.
Kodi is GPL licensed, GPL license allows that.
There is at least one fork I know of that does that.
The question here is trademark usage,
basically if you modify Kodi you can not redistribute it under Kodi trademark, it doesn't matter if it's for free or otherwise, unless Team-Kodi grants you a permission to do so,
you need to change the name to something else and provide access to source code with all your changes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I can sale Raspberry Pi with Kodi?0