Mark as watched/unwatched on folders
I made screenshots illustrating problem. And yes, i like confluence and use it in Kodi 17, but in default estuary same problem.
I marked yellow missing options: mark as watched and mark as unwatched
watch gallery
sure, we know what the problem is, i have even hack-fixed it as such, https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12057
Bit of confusion in this thread.
Thanks for looking into this @ironic_monkey..!
(2017-06-06, 22:08)Atreyu Wrote: Bit of confusion in this thread.
Thanks for looking into this @ironic_monkey..!
Unfortunately discussion stopped at Github and there is no progress.
Really annoying issue if you don't use library mode and want to clear the "Watched" status of a long series. Hope someone does something.
(2017-07-05, 11:13)krabsheva Wrote: Hope someone does something.

It's an opensource project, you know, you can fix it yourself and send a proper PR, I'm sure the devs will be more than happy to merge it if the code is ok.
You could be that SOMEONE.
Seeing as the solution is to properly return true/false from two functions that have already been identified, it would take me longer to set up a kodi build environment than it would take a proper kodi developer to fix this.
Hmmm... and it is exactly that attitude that we despise.

We have a group of volunteers devoting their spare time to bring you a free product, and you bitch about how long it will take you to set up a build environment.

Deal with it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
actually noticed the same thing in kodi 17
can not longer mark / unmark content as been watched
Is there a work-around for this?

I have over 15,000 episodes I need to mark as watched.

It would be time consuming but not unreasonable to mark them a folder at a time but individually would be impractical.

For example is there a programmatic way to change the watch marks? Alternatively, since there is no scanner for my media is there a fake scanner that would force all the files into a library so I could mark them that way?

If anyone has an idea I would appreciate it.
You can do it with an SQL update like:
Code:
UPDATE files SET playCount=1 WHERE idPath IN( SELECT idPath FROM path WHERE strPath LIKE LOWER('%mnt/download%') );

Replace "mnt/download" with whatever you want.

It's not the most convenient way but it works Smile
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
(2017-07-10, 13:01)3dfx Wrote: You can do it with an SQL update like:
Code:
UPDATE files SET playCount=1 WHERE idPath IN( SELECT idPath FROM path WHERE strPath LIKE LOWER('%mnt/download%') );

Thanks! I was actually looking at the files table yesterday. The only problem is that it seems like for files that table is populated when you enter the folder in Kodi and all the thumbs are generated.

Is there are way to force Kodi to prepopulate the table with all the files?
(2017-07-10, 16:59)dalto Wrote:
(2017-07-10, 13:01)3dfx Wrote: You can do it with an SQL update like:
Code:

Thanks! I was actually looking at the files table yesterday. The only problem is that it seems like for files that table is populated when you enter the folder in Kodi and all the thumbs are generated.

Is there are way to force Kodi to prepopulate the table with all the files?

I don't think you can automate Kodi to that.
But, you could write a bash script that's iterates over folders + subfolders and do some inserts in the tables 'files' and 'path'.
The only thing is that you maybe have to deal with the IDs. I'm not sure if they are incremented by the database.
Kodi 21.0α | Ubuntu 22.04.3 | Kernel 6.4.x | intel i5-12600K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Corsair 2x8192MB (DDR4-3200) | HDPlex H5v2 | HDPlex 400W HiFi DC-ATX | Pioneer VSX-934 | LG 65B7D
(2017-07-11, 08:58)3dfx Wrote: I don't think you can automate Kodi to that.
But, you could write a bash script that's iterates over folders + subfolders and do some inserts in the tables 'files' and 'path'.
The only thing is that you maybe have to deal with the IDs. I'm not sure if they are incremented by the database.

I didn't have the courage to insert data into the table without understanding the table structure better.

I ended up just browsing all the folders through kodi one at a time which populated the tables. It was a little time consuming but not as bad as marking files one at a time.

I then selected all the paths into a file and opened them in a spreadsheet program. I then identified the pathIds I wanted to mark and formed them into a comma separated list and did a big update of all the files pretty painlessly.

Thanks for the help!
fyi: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/12464

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mark as watched/unwatched on folders0