Linux stream player video does not start, flushing buffers On Odroid C2
To start off, I'm not sure if this is the correct forum, but hopefully it is.

Since a few weeks I have an Odroid C2, installed with Ubuntu 16.04.02 and Kodi Krypton 17.0. This the version that is available on the Ubuntu repositories.
With some videofiles, the screen never switches to the actual video player. It can play most 480p files (but not all) and can't play most of 720p and up (again, with some exceptions).

When looking through the logs, the following lines show up
Quote:INFO: CVideoPlayerVideo - Stillframe detected, switching to forced 23.976024 fps
WARNING: VideoPlayer::Sync - stream player video does not start, flushing buffers
I have a feeling it has something to do with Kodi not showing the correct refresh rate in the options menu; it shows it being 0hz.

Here's a link to the full kodi.log
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/f6e251...29f7466626

If anyone could help me out, that would be greatly appreciated
PHP Code:
20:30:17.581 T:547581587408   DEBUGCAMLCodec::OpenDecoder codec init failedret=0x1
:30:17.581 T:547581587408   ERRORDVDVideoCodecAmlogicFailed to open Amlogic Codec 

Kodi fails to use amlogic hardware accelleration.
May have to do with /dev/ nodes permissions (appropiate udev rules or running kodi as root may help)
Better ask on hardkernel forums, they should know what to do.
You also seem to have other issues like wrong mysql config in advancedsettings.
(2017-04-07, 22:29)asavah Wrote:
PHP Code:
20:30:17.581 T:547581587408   DEBUGCAMLCodec::OpenDecoder codec init failedret=0x1
:30:17.581 T:547581587408   ERRORDVDVideoCodecAmlogicFailed to open Amlogic Codec 

Kodi fails to use amlogic hardware accelleration.
May have to do with /dev/ nodes permissions (appropiate udev rules or running kodi as root may help)
Better ask on hardkernel forums, they should know what to do.
You also seem to have other issues like wrong mysql config in advancedsettings.

Haven't tried running Kodi as root yet, it honestly didn't occur to me, since some videos do work

Yes I know of the mysql issues. It's a case of mysql not timely responding and kodi giving up. I found this http://kodi.wiki/view/Wake_on_lan to make that work.
Thanks, I'll ask around in the hardkernel forums. If I find an answer there, I'll post it here it too in case someone stumbles upon this thread.
There was a dedicated Kodi 17 thread on odoridc2->ubuntu subforum.
Since kodi package is provided by hardkernel, it's not "original" ubuntu deb, IMO it's better to ask them.
(2017-04-07, 22:44)asavah Wrote: There was a dedicated Kodi 17 thread on odoridc2->ubuntu subforum.
Since kodi package is provided by hardkernel, it's not "original" ubuntu deb, IMO it's better to ask them.

Running as root did indeed work, sudo doesn't.
Thanks for the help Smile
(2017-04-07, 22:53)Lycurgus Wrote:
(2017-04-07, 22:44)asavah Wrote: There was a dedicated Kodi 17 thread on odoridc2->ubuntu subforum.

Running as root did indeed work, sudo doesn't.
Thanks for the help Smile

That's actually a dirty workaround, for ubuntu you need proper udev rules and group membership for the user running kodi.
Look at hardkernel forum there must be something.
There are /dev/am* and a few more nodes for which you need to have write access.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stream player video does not start, flushing buffers On Odroid C20