how to debug
1.2.1 advancedsettings.xml for normal debugging
I made the file but ti dont know where to put it. or what to do with it.
and the instructions dont make any sense to someone who doesnt know anything about computers
If you downloaded Kodi from this site, then you will put the file here...

C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\advancedsettings.xml
One more time...because you can't read the 50 other posts with the same info Wink

C:\users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

or Windows Key+R and type %appdata%\kodi\userdata[ENTER]
(2017-04-09, 00:27)flhthemi Wrote: One more time...because you can't read the 50 other posts with the same info Wink

C:\users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

or Windows Key+R and type %appdata%\kodi\userdata[ENTER]

i seasrch but could find anything direct.

but then how do you run the debug, im just trying to get it to go so i can find out whats wrong
YOU DO NOT NEED TO SEARCH

Your keyboard should have a key with the Windows logo on it. Press it down and hold it. While holding it press the letter R. A box will open on your screen with a space to type within. Type in %appdata%\kodi\userdata and press the ENTER key. You will land in the FOLDER where you need to copy advancedsettings.xml file to. Once you have it copied there start Kodi again. It will create the kodi.log file. Remember how to get back to this folder. As once you have Kodi WORKING you will need to delete that advancedsettings.xml file if you only created it to fix Kodi.

To find the kodi.log file Windows Key again +R like you did above. This time type in %appdata%\kodi\ and you'll see the kodi.log file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to debug0