HD Audio with Amazon Fire TV?
Is it possible to get HD audio (Doldy TrueHD or DTS-MA) on the Amazon Fire TV (2nd gen) with Kodi 17.1?

If not, can SPMC handle it?
I dont know for sure but i believe it will not passthrough. Last i knew only the Shield did but i think i read some other devices do now. If it does i have never gotten it to on my system.
Hint - go into System Info page when using Kodi and jot down the Android API level the FireTV2 is using.

Then cross reference that number with what is written in this post:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735

Short answer No - Both Krypton and SPMC.

However I do believe you can decode HD Audio to Lossless Multichannel PCM Audio and output that.

Which "shitty" Kodi build is recommended for DTS and 4K video playback on AFTV 2?
No shitty build is ever recommended!
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-09-23, 15:48)fritsch Wrote: No shitty build is ever recommended!

I understand, but getting past that, which one is known to work as best as it can on AFTV 2 ?
Latest... they are all the same.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yes but there are different flavors that I don't understand: shitty, notsoshitty, dtsshitty, etc. Not sure which flavor is the least shitty for AFTV 2.
plain shitty others were for testing only
Man this is confusing. AFTV 2nd gen box is 64-bit, but there are no "shitty" builds under android/arm64-v8a
Are we not supposed to install arm64-v8a on AFTV2? Or is that box not so shitty compared to AFTV1?
Use the 32 bit build. 64 is useless as the box is too slow doing sw decoding anyways.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HD Audio with Amazon Fire TV?0