multiple windows help please
Question 
ok so all my movies and shows are on drive D.....i have windows 8.1 and windows 10 on a separate hard drive all on the same computer and my wife has her laptop thats trying to see my movies and shows....

i can easily set it up like normal to read say off my windows 8 or i can have it read off my windows 10, for some reason though it wont do both...

say i start from scratch... i go to add tv shows, i do the normal adding of a path which is "computer name/D/movies and tv/tv" and thats fine and works well, but when i switch to my windows 10 she can no longer see anything and gives the normal error of the files no longer there would you like to delete it...

both windows computer names are the same, so the path is exactly the same, am i missing something, any help?
i love kodi
(2017-04-17, 03:23)o0nightfire0o Wrote: so the path is exactly the same,
I'm no windows expert so take this for what it's worth... To her computer, the path isn't exactly the same. If her kodi is set up to contact "win8/path", it won't use that information to contact "win10/path". Her computer is one identity, and you are asking it to "be" 2 identities, to store 2 lots of settings under the same "identity". I have had issues with computers having the same name and the windows credentials not differentiating between them, but unfortunately, I can't remember the context or what I did about it.

Have you considered creating a shared mySQL database? That might solve the issue because the library will be in a single database and you won't be asking computers to switch paths to the HDD. Sorry I'm not much help.
(2017-04-17, 05:04)bilgepump Wrote:
(2017-04-17, 03:23)o0nightfire0o Wrote: so the path is exactly the same,
I'm no windows expert so take this for what it's worth... To her computer, the path isn't exactly the same. If her kodi is set up to contact "win8/path", it won't use that information to contact "win10/path". Her computer is one identity, and you are asking it to "be" 2 identities, to store 2 lots of settings under the same "identity". I have had issues with computers having the same name and the windows credentials not differentiating between them, but unfortunately, I can't remember the context or what I did about it.

Have you considered creating a shared mySQL database? That might solve the issue because the library will be in a single database and you won't be asking computers to switch paths to the HDD. Sorry I'm not much help.

im not sure i know what that is, is that a cloud service or something? i dont really trust them much
i love kodi
(2017-04-17, 21:25)o0nightfire0o Wrote: im not sure i know what that is, is that a cloud service or something? i dont really trust them much
No, it's a local program which you can use to centralize your kodi database for sharing with multiple machines. The standard Kodi installation has the database on the individual machine/s, with a shared database, everybody uses the same one.
Mysql (wiki)

I have a NAS, and the MySQL(mariadb) came with the NAS, so I didn't have to install it, but you can install it on a windows machine.
So you have a single computer which acts as a file server, and it has a dual boot configuration with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10?
In which boot mode does your wife's laptop connect properly?
Make sure that the computername and sharename is exactly the same on both operating systems. The access rights on the Shared Folder also should be the same. Can you also check in both situations whether you can access the share from your wife's laptop without entering credentials. If credentials are needed, then that might be the problem. you can either create a password.xml or have Windows save the credentials.

It might help if you can post a debug log from Kodi. If Kodi can't connect it should note that in the log, the error message might explain what exactly is the problem.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple windows help please0