Video suddenly stops playing as if stop was pressed
I recently changed over to using an Nvidia shield for kodi and have noticed occasionally video files will just stop playing. I don't remember this happening on my other devices, but the weird thing is that if I restart my file server, the problem goes away for some time so I am not sure where my problem is. The log file to me looks like it can't read data, but was hoping someone else had better insight. Thanks.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24369986/
(2017-04-15, 15:27)firemogle Wrote: I recently changed over to using an Nvidia shield for kodi and have noticed occasionally video files will just stop playing. I don't remember this happening on my other devices, but the weird thing is that if I restart my file server, the problem goes away for some time so I am not sure where my problem is. The log file to me looks like it can't read data, but was hoping someone else had better insight. Thanks.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/24369986/
I have the same problem on a Shield. Not sure if this started happening since 17.1. Seems to mainly happen for MKV tv shows as far as I can tell. It would be great to find an answer for this!

Cheers
Will

Sent from my XT1068
I am still using Javis on my Shield and just started having the same issues this week.

I thought it maybe something wrong with the Sheild remote, but now It seems like it is a Sheild issue?
@firemogle
Had a look at your log and it seems that right at the end, file cannot be read.
To rule out network conditions (you mention a temporary fix by restarting the file server) could you retry with a local file and see if the issue persists..?
Hey thanks for all the replies, I ended up looking at the system logs of the server and found pages upon pages of IO errors from one of my drives... well it looks like there is a very real reason kodi can't read the file.

So off to fix the sever!

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video suddenly stops playing as if stop was pressed0