Solved Kodi 17.1 freezes on System Settings
Hoping someone has a solution here, I'm getting a tad frustrated.

Just built a new HTPC box with a fresh Windows 10 Pro install and have installed Kodi 17.1. Scanned my libraries without an issue but every time I go into Settings/System Settings it freezes and I have to kill it via Task Manager. Sometimes it will take Windows down with it forcing a reset.

I've reinstalled Windows twice and Kodi about 5 times but can't get stable.

Any clues as to what might be going on?

Specs:
CPU: i5 4690
M/B: MSI H81M-E34
RAM: 8GB DDR3 Crucial Ballistix
HDD: WD Green 120GB SSD
GFX: MSI GT710 1GB
PSU: Aywun 420watt

Windows appears stable and have run WD drive tests (short and long) and both passed. Crystal Disk Info reports the drive as Good.

I'm going to attempt to manually get a bug report as I can't enable it via Kodi being in the Settings section.
You will need to create an Advanced Debug Log as detailed here... http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

The debug log records all the operations Kodi performs while starting and running. When it crashes, it will record right up to the crash. With that log, member here can advise you on the problem.

Providing the debug log is the first step to solve the problem.

Let us know if you have any problems with it.
Thanks Blossom, I think I may have found the issue. Checked the log and it was throwing up an error about no audio device. Plugged some headphones in and it appears to be resolved (fingers crossed anyway).
It didn't occur to me that this would cause it to freeze (currently still on the workbench hence no audio device). Learn something new every day I suppose.
Good to hear it is sorted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.1 freezes on System Settings0