Amazon Fire TV Stick 2 - Caching?
Hi guys,

I have an AFTV Stick running SPMC/KODI. My media is coming from my Emby server(in Emby for KODI) with direct paths over NFS. Same setup works perfectly on my other TV with a NVIDIA Shield(wired LAN), but on the Fire Stick, my content stops to cache A LOT.

It happens in several ways.
-Sometimes it pauses and starts caching 0-100%
-Sometimes it starts stuttering a bit, audio disappears and I must pause for a while and play again to make it run normally
-Sometimes it just stutters, no audio issues

The example could be a full ripped Blu-ray Disc at 20 or so GB. It probably stopped about every 2-3 minutes throughout the movie. The same video played even worse through the native Emby app on the Fire Stick and also terribly bad from Emby app on iOS to Chromecast. So it is indeed a "heavy file" I guess.

Another example is a 4K episode of a series I have. Whenever I try to play that on the Fire Stick, I just get random colors going crazy on the screen. If I try the Emby apps on this one, it completely crashes my server. This however also plays perfectly fine on my Shield.

Is this down to processing power on the Fire Stick? Wifi speed limitations on it? Wrong settings?

Can I do something to improve?

I can't seem to figure it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV Stick 2 - Caching?0