Kodi on my tv
I did some digging online & it appears that even if my Samsung tv isn't powerd by android I can still get it. Kodi's site said the following;

If your device is not having Google Play store and Android powers, it then follows bellow steps to kodi Samsung smart tv.

Download Kodi From Here.
Transfer the file to your TV.
Use any File Explorer and Install the APK file on Samsung smart tv kodi.

But the problem is I can't seem to find a file explorer on my tv or any info online as to how I can download one onto it.
What model of TV is it?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
It's a Samsung 4k tv (ue55)
And where did you find those directions?

These are our supported platforms: https://kodi.tv/download

If you don't see your OS there then it's not a supported platform. As far as I can tell your TV uses Samsung's proprietary OS so it's not supported.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I've now switched my attention to the downstairs tv which has a fire tv stick. Managed to install Kodi but can't seem to install the add-ons I want such as the Entertainment Repo. Maybe because the layout is different on the fire. Or are you limited as to what you can do with Kodi if you're not using a box?
That repo definitely looks like it would violate our forum rules (wiki) on piracy. It and devices that have it (or any similar banned addons (wiki)) installed would get no support here.

You would be advised to read some of the links in my signature below before going too much further.

Thread moved to OS independent, as the discussion section is not for support requests.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on my tv0