Audio Pass Through not working
It seems so I have a problem I can not solve on my own... I bought two Orbsmart S84 media player running Android 6.0 with the latest patch installed and I also use Kodi 17.1 on the machine. With the old media player I had no problems with the Audio pass through. Each of the Android media players uses a direct HDMI connection to the AV receiver and both AV receivers can decode Dolby Digital and AC3 audio files - they do that perfectly fine if a Bluray is played.
So I configured my Kodi 17.1 to allow audio pass through and selected that the AV receiver is capable of decoding Dolby Digital and AC3, but not AC3 HD or Dolby Digital HD. The end result is that I have absolutely no sound at all. As soon as I set KODI to use the Android Decoding on the box I have sound. The Kodi box is configured so that it knows the receiver has 5.1 speakers.

I also tried connection the optical cable as addition to the HDMI cable but without any results. As soon as I set the KODI version to Audio pass through I have no sound at all...

Does anyone have a tip what is wrong with my settings? It worked with the old Android box (without optical cable) but the old box was only capable of running KODI 16.1 and therefore there was no option for AC3 HD or Dolby Digital HD.

Thank you for your help or clues what to check...
Thor
(2017-04-23, 19:47)thorsten_hoenow Wrote: It seems so I have a problem I can not solve on my own... I bought two Orbsmart S84 media player running Android 6.0 with the latest patch installed and I also use Kodi 17.1 on the machine. With the old media player I had no problems with the Audio pass through. Each of the Android media players uses a direct HDMI connection to the AV receiver and both AV receivers can decode Dolby Digital and AC3 audio files - they do that perfectly fine if a Bluray is played.
So I configured my Kodi 17.1 to allow audio pass through and selected that the AV receiver is capable of decoding Dolby Digital and AC3, but not AC3 HD or Dolby Digital HD. The end result is that I have absolutely no sound at all. As soon as I set KODI to use the Android Decoding on the box I have sound. The Kodi box is configured so that it knows the receiver has 5.1 speakers.

I also tried connection the optical cable as addition to the HDMI cable but without any results. As soon as I set the KODI version to Audio pass through I have no sound at all...

Does anyone have a tip what is wrong with my settings? It worked with the old Android box (without optical cable) but the old box was only capable of running KODI 16.1 and therefore there was no option for AC3 HD or Dolby Digital HD.

Thank you for your help or clues what to check...
Thor

Please read the 2 posts here
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2409146
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2408984

Short story, you have a shitty S912 device that don't implement Kodi 17's audio API.
You can either bug your manufacturer to release a firmware update, which will never happen or return the 2 devices and get something with proper firmware that supports the IEC61937 audio API.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Pass Through not working0