SMB Read Errors on Video Files
Mounting the shares locally does help though. However it introcuces another bug. Some files, typically larger .avi and .mkv files just refuse to play. Also seeking seems to crash xbmc more often when the shares are mounted locally.
Not to steal your thread - Here is my current issue....................................

Hello,
I have kind of an issue - I set the path to my Nas server which has Movies/Music on it etc - When i try to access it i will see the folders/files for a split second then XBMC crashes to the desktop, I looked at 2 Logs in the build folder and cannot find any source of why it's crashing.(I turned off Hidden Files in XBMC) Any ideas where I should look?

Also noticed if I just add a source to music off of the XBMC (hardrive) it crashes XBMC to the desktop, So I performed another test - I went to pictures and added a source from the XBMC (hardrive) and it will not crash viewing pictures. hmmmmm Oo
mounting the NAS works but i cannot add source (music or videos) I can browse the files from the file manager with no problem and play/stream them with no issuesOo

Thanks in advance
AJ
Dusto, Can you play them from VLC or mplayer?
I haven't tested them in mplayer or vlc on linux yet because I am running mostly a cli system, I will later though. They play perfectly fine in windows however. Mounted them first via fstab seems to fix my original Samba Read errors, but as I said in my last post, it introduces new bugs.

Dustin
Mounted the shares locally on Hardy works great. No problems playing any files, even large mkv.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Read Errors on Video Files0