Win Experiencing sound and picture glitches playing video
Strange things.

Using the latest version of Kodi (Version: Kodi 17.1 Git:20170320-fc1619b, Build: Mar 20 2017).
While playing video files I experience sound and picture glitches (or micro-freezes). This happens after some time passes. The video and sound is clipping for a short time than OK. About 5 minutes passed and again glitching, but more noticeable. After about 15 minutes of playing, the sound hangs and than disappears. The video continue playing.
This happens only with Kodi. For example, MPCHC is working great, but is not so comfortable in use. Every other program, whether it's a game or any other application, is working good and without any errors.

My PC specs:
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (Registered Trademark) 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: B250-HD3P
BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/09/17 09:49:32 Ver: 05.0000C
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8146MB RAM
Page File: 3572MB used, 6109MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Thanks in advance!
In Settings>Player>Videos>Sync playback to display is toggled off, and let's see if this easy fix might do it.

Quote: This happens after some time passes
This denotes there may be some background task, or memory leak behind it, if the above solution doesn't work. In that case we'll need a proper debug log (wiki) showing the occurrence posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked to a message in this thread outlining the video and time this happened.

Worst case is setting you up with MPC as and external player, but let's go through this process and see if we can do without this work around.
Is your video content on your local machine, or is it elsewhere via a network share?
(2017-04-25, 19:57)PatK Wrote: In Settings>Player>Videos>Sync playback to display is toggled off, and let's see if this easy fix might do it.
This option was turned off from the beginning.

(2017-04-25, 19:57)PatK Wrote:
Quote: This happens after some time passes
This denotes there may be some background task, or memory leak behind it, if the above solution doesn't work. In that case we'll need a proper debug log (wiki) showing the occurrence posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked to a message in this thread outlining the video and time this happened.
Hmm. I made some changes in the options:
* Settings>System>Audio - Resample quality : from 'Medium' to 'High'
* Settings>System>Audio - Keep audio device alive : from 'On' to 'Off'
* Settings>System>Audio - Send low volume noise : from 'On' to 'Off'
Installed uploading add-on, turned on logging.
No glitches from this moment Big Grin

(2017-04-25, 19:57)PatK Wrote: Worst case is setting you up with MPC as and external player
No, no and again no! I want to use only Kodi! Smile

(2017-04-26, 01:57)blossom24 Wrote: Is your video content on your local machine, or is it elsewhere via a network share?
It's local

Well, I'll observe the behavior of my Kodi from this moment. Hope my problems are solved. I'll get back here if something goes wrong again.
Thank you for your feedback and help!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Experiencing sound and picture glitches playing video0