• 6(current)
Broken YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)
Nope, only 1 color, otherise it would be much more expensive Smile I guess 3 strips would be enough, left, right and up, but much shorter, these are 2m which is too long for most tv's Smile Even 2 L/R would be OK.

BTW, since I found it works on Android I have contnued to work on this Smile Made much improvement in color separation L/R U/D etc, expect a new version that supports 1, 2, 3 and 4 bulbs (Whole Screen, Left/Right, Left/Up/Right and Left/Right/Up/Down) soon Smile
Major update Smile

v2.5
- Complete rewrite of color recognition routines
- Improve bulb color calc separation for Ambilight
- Light separation for Left/Right: Choose between 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 size of screen
- Added light separation for Up/Down (always 1/2 size of screen)
- Option to smoothen Ambi effect
- Each bulb can be assigned Ambi light from any zone

This means that you can assign left/right up/down bulbs/strip to any bulb individually. Also, it can take into effect, when calculating the left/right color, half of the screen or 1/3 or 1/4 only. Experiment for best results. Up and down are always calculated in the middle half of the screen.

So that you can visualize what this means; this is classical half/half display split:

Half of the pixels from the left are used to calc the left bulb color, other half from right half of the screen to calculate right bulb color.

Now, instead of half, you can select third or a fourth for L/R bulb calc.

For 4 bulbs, with i.e. UP/DOWN, it would be split like this when you select 1/4 left-right and up-down:

Or if you want you can select half for L/R, that way areas (zones) would overlap....
DaLanik seriously dude........ i could hug your right now Big Grin

now where the hell are my bulbs!!!!! stupid gearbest. is there anyone here who knows when i can get more bulbs cheap but with acceptable shipping?

@DaLanik i will try my best to make a donation to you for your time and effort. thank you man

PS. Could you post a video showing the L/R/U/D with 4 bulbs using ambilight?
(2017-06-24, 23:32)DaLanik Wrote: Major update Smile

v2.5
- Light separation for Left/Right: Choose between 1/2, 1/3 or 1/4 size of screen

This means that you can assign left/right up/down bulbs/strip to any bulb individually. Also, it can take into effect, when calculating the left/right color, half of the screen or 1/3 or 1/4 only. Experiment for best results. Up and down are always calculated in the middle half of the screen.

So that you can visualize what this means; this is classical half/half display split:

Half of the pixels from the left are used to calc the left bulb color, other half from right half of the screen to calculate right bulb color.

For 4 bulbs, with i.e. UP/DOWN, it would be split like this when you select 1/4 left-right and up-down:

Or if you want you can select half for L/R, that way areas (zones) would overlap....

It's in Your repo? Because for me, it's still the 2.4 version.
(2017-06-25, 12:13)FlashD Wrote:
(2017-06-24, 23:32)DaLanik Wrote: Major update Smile

v2.5

It's in Your repo? Because for me, it's still the 2.4 version.
Yes it should be in normal repo (not test). I do not have 4 color bulbs so i can't test all 4 Smile

Sent from my S8+
v2.6
- Changed code for active hours, fixed
- Fix small bug in "on at start" settings
(2017-06-26, 20:17)DaLanik Wrote: v2.6
- Changed code for active hours, fixed
- Fix small bug in "on at start" settings

Wow man, You made a huge improvement. Now delays are almost nonexistent, and the flickering at dark scenes are also improved a lot.

Have a nice day
v2.7
- Update sunset-sunrise times every 24 hours

It was updated only on Kodi start, now it updates regularry in case someone doesn't shut down Kodi Smile
for those of us who are still waiting for their stupid bulbs Sad

anyone of you interested into making a demo with the ambilight? Big Grin
Small tutorial and demo:

Wow, this looks great. I've got 3 colour bulbs so being able to control them from Kodi would be cool.

I've installed your plugin and it auto-detected all 3 bulbs (I've assigned 192.168.1.50 - 52 to them on my router) but then repeatedly popped up an error saying that bulb 3 didn't have a valid IP address. After I OK/Cancelled that several times it eventually stopped but when I exited the config and re-opened it, all three IP addresses were blank. So I manually configured them this time and didn't get any error.

However, I can't set anything on the "On Play", "On Pause" screens. I can only access the top half of the screen where it lets me set the type of bulb (all set to colour) and the number of bulbs but I can't access the bottom half where it lists "Bulb 1, Bulb 2", etc.

I'm using this Kodi 18 Milhouse test build #701 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461 so maybe there's an incompatibility between that and your plugin?

The other thing I noticed is that in Yeelight when I enable Developer Mode and back out of that screen, when I re-open it Developer Mode is off again. I guess that doesn't matter though if it's just changing a setting on the bulb itself and maybe the app can't read the state of this setting from the bulb.
(2017-07-02, 15:35)doveman2 Wrote: Wow, this looks great. I've got 3 colour bulbs so being able to control them from Kodi would be cool.

I've installed your plugin and it auto-detected all 3 bulbs (I've assigned 192.168.1.50 - 52 to them on my router) but then repeatedly popped up an error saying that bulb 3 didn't have a valid IP address. After I OK/Cancelled that several times it eventually stopped but when I exited the config and re-opened it, all three IP addresses were blank. So I manually configured them this time and didn't get any error.

However, I can't set anything on the "On Play", "On Pause" screens. I can only access the top half of the screen where it lets me set the type of bulb (all set to colour) and the number of bulbs but I can't access the bottom half where it lists "Bulb 1, Bulb 2", etc.

I'm using this Kodi 18 Milhouse test build #701 https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298461 so maybe there's an incompatibility between that and your plugin?

The other thing I noticed is that in Yeelight when I enable Developer Mode and back out of that screen, when I re-open it Developer Mode is off again. I guess that doesn't matter though if it's just changing a setting on the bulb itself and maybe the app can't read the state of this setting from the bulb.

Maybe the problem is developer mode? This is necessary to be able to control the bulbs from 3rd party software. I'll have a look at the v18 compatibility. For the time being I am detecting only Jarvis and Krypton. I don't kno what effect ould it have on v18...
Thanks. I use IFTTT on my phone to control the lights but I'm not sure if that's using developer mode or just hooking into Yeelight somehow. It would be helpful to hear from others whether Yeelight can read the developer mode status from the bulbs or if it always shows it as disabled when opening that page but would YeeMee detect the bulbs if developer mode wasn't enabled?

Sent from my ZUK Z2132
IMHO, IFTTT doesn't need developer mode, it is working throught mi cloud. On both my tablet and phone, developer mode remains ON, once I turned it on. And it is PER-bulb, i.e. you have to enable it for each bulb/light.

And I checked the code - the only thing I use kodi version for is for Ambi effect, but for normal discovery/on/off etc operation, it doesn't matter which version of Kodi it is. So, right now, Ambi wouldn't work on v18 (but it is easy to fix).
v2.9
- Ambi function checks for Kodi version >= 17

v2.8
- Do not message controller if Video or ATV screensaver
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YeeMee - (Control Yeelight Smart Bulb + Ambi from Kodi)2