v18 Recommendations
(2017-05-02, 11:56)Martijn Wrote: It does restart Kodi when you click on them when you had exit it.

Yeah. As a matter of fact, that's the reason I kept them even after Kodi exit, but if it's confusing...
Let's think about it some more before making a decision. We're not close to release anyway
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I'd say keep as is. Most people aren't going to delete files that often where it would matter and the benefits out weigh the downside.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
so, what exactly are the benefits since downside is quite obvious? Auto refresh didn't work for me. And true, I don't delete files that often so I can do it the force close way. But for Average Joe....... We've seen a bunch of threads for a lot more obvious things.
Change your keymapping to minimise Kodi instead of closing it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-05-02, 19:39)kinggo Wrote: so, what exactly are the benefits since downside is quite obvious? Auto refresh didn't work for me. And true, I don't delete files that often so I can do it the force close way. But for Average Joe....... We've seen a bunch of threads for a lot more obvious things.

That you can launch into a movie without the need to launch Kodi and navigate to it. And if you leave Kodi running in the background instead of "quiting" it, those movies will display randomly on a periodic bases.

Also, the complaints would go the other way as well, "Why aren't my movies showing up in recommendations?". So it doesn't matter which way you do it, there's going to be complaints.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Having Kodi in the background is also needed for system-wide (voice) search, btw.

SPMC also have a "double-back from home to minimize", which mimics the behavior of a standard Android app, but that one proved controversial as well (although I personally totally love it Wink )
(2017-05-03, 02:36)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2017-05-02, 19:39)kinggo Wrote: so, what exactly are the benefits since downside is quite obvious? Auto refresh didn't work for me. And true, I don't delete files that often so I can do it the force close way. But for Average Joe....... We've seen a bunch of threads for a lot more obvious things.

That you can launch into a movie without the need to launch Kodi and navigate to it. And if you leave Kodi running in the background instead of "quiting" it, those movies will display randomly on a periodic bases.

Also, the complaints would go the other way as well, "Why aren't my movies showing up in recommendations?". So it doesn't matter which way you do it, there's going to be complaints.
THX. I'll test that further. I'm using "exit" because of just 1.5GB of RAM and I use other apps to and sometimes TPA. Oldschool habit of quitting the app that I don't need anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recommendations0