v17 FLAC Ratings not working
Music 
Hi everyone

I have been trying to rate some songs in my music Libary on Kodi v17.1 on Windows

Any song that is encoded in any format eg MP3 my ratings work in Kodi
But any song encoded in FLAC my rating does not work in Kodi

I rate my files using Windows directly to the files

Could someone help me with this please
You need to explain more about how you are actually setting the ratings, but Kodi reads a tag named RATING and it should be an integer in range 0-100 which will be converted to the Kodi userrating scale of 0-10. If the RATING value is over 100 in the file it will be ignored.

BTW there is a dedicated support forum for Music here that the main Kodi dev for music follows so typically it is fastest to use that forum for support on music library issues.

scott s.
I have just been using windows explorer to rate the files where you can choose from 1-5 stars

Works perfectly fine for MP3 just not FLAC
I have also tried using the software mp3tag still doesent work please can someone shine a light on this please is there something I'm not doing right

The first thing I have done is scanned all my albums with musicbrainz.

I then used mp3tag to add a rating to the tracks

No raitings show in Kodi just MP3 ratings
Windows file explorer in Win 7 can't show flac tags. It looks like Win 10 can show tags, and it seems like it lets you save a rating, but I don't see that it actually works. Since you have mp3tag installed, in mp3tag select one of your FLAC files and use the context menu to show the "extended tags" and see what if anything is there for RATING.

scott s.
Under extended tags in MP3tag the rating is 5 labeld just rating

The files that ratings work (MP3) the ratings are also 5 labeld rating WMP
SOLVED

I was confused by the different rating schemes used it seems that 0-5 is acceptable on MP3 files and you have to use a 0-100 for FLAC files

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FLAC Ratings not working0