Kodi crash results in looping gdb
Since I started using Krypton on the Odroid C2, I've been having a lot of problems with crashing. It seems that there are no log messages that give a clue. GBD is looping causing the box to hang until I shell in and kill GDB, then Kodi restarts. No dmesg help either. It's usually after exiting Live TV playback, but not always. I've tried turning on debug logging, but then it doesn't want to crash for me. I can't just leave that on because of the annoying overlay of CPU info etc. My wife is about to order cable TV, and I don't want that happening.

I've done a complete wipe and started over from scratch. No help there.

I use MythTV (.27 - mythbuntu 14.04) and the MythPVR addon. I really don't think it's the addon, but I can't be sure since I can't get a detailed log of the problem. videoplayer indicates that it's done waiting for threads to finish. Sometimes the box will be okay for a couple of days, other times it's hours and then a problem when exiting a live stream. If gdb wasn't looping, I could tolerate the restarting of Kodi.

I've googled myself to death, but I've only found one thread with a similar issue. Unfortunately it's on xbmc.org, and now the link doesn't work.
Experience: It's what you get when you were expecting something else.
Hi,

I only wanted you to know that you are not allown. Wink I'm using Libreelec 8.0.1 basic installation on a WeTek Play2 box and I've tvhedend server/ client installed too.

Each day Kodi hangs. Sad My solution so far: Just login per ssh and kill gdb. After doing so kodi restarts and I can use the box again ... for a while until it freezes again. I'm happy that tvheadend isn't affected so recordings are performed without a glitch.

Regards

Holger
I'm starting to think it has something to do with the program guide updating. If I leave Kodi on the main screen, it doesn't tend to lock up in gdb. If I leave the program guide up and turn the TV off, it locks up almost every time. I was thinking maybe it was the mythtv add-on, but since you use tvheadend, maybe the problem is inside Kodi itself.

Edit: sometimes Kodi freezes during startup when loading the guide. I don't allow guide updates when TV is playing, maybe my crashing when exiting live TV is due to some kind of race condition or semaphore problem during a guide update while the guide is being displayed at the same time.

Sent from my Moto G (4)
Hi,

what's surprising to me is that I've got two WeTeK Play boxes with the same firmware installed:

First uses an SAT adapter and isn't affected. No freeze until now. Smile Second uses a cable adapter and freezes nearly every day. Sad

Both are configured quite similar. Major difference is the used adapter.

I first thought that's a (memory) issue of a long running stream. So I always stopped the TV streaming before I shut down my TV. But the issue remains. Yes the "only" background processing that takes place is the EPS update...?

Do you know which logs are available to analyze the issue? Where can I find the kodi log file?

In addition I've got a Pi3 using the same firmware. No freeze until now. Smile Along the way: The Pi3 has a network startup issue. Often I've to restart the network before it's available.

Best regards

Holger
Hello,

after an update to Kodi 17.3 (as a part of the new libreelec 8.0.2) the issue remains. Meanwhile I found the kodi crash log. A segfault occured:

@Karellen - Log removed

Note: I shortened it a little due to the line

#72215 0x0000007f831ae98c in PyEval_EvalFrameEx () from /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0

that's endless repeated... (until gdb was killed?) Maybe this caused kodi to hang?

Please help!

Best regards

Holger
@MotoGo

Posting logs is not allowed in this forum.

You need to post to a pastelink type site, and link the address of the post back here in a message.

Please delete your post and replace with the link.

Also link the Debugging Log. Instructions can be found in my signature.

Do not shorten the post. Make sure you post the entire log.

---Edit---
Ok, saw your debug log in your post. Re-post to pastebin. Ensure you ENABLE debugging. Log is not helpful otherwise.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen: Sorry, now I've used pastebinit.

Hello,

after an update to Kodi 17.3 (as a part of the new libreelec 8.0.2) the issue remains. Meanwhile I found the kodi crash log. A segfault occured:

http://sprunge.us/jiBa

Please have a glance to the line:

#72215 0x0000007f831ae98c in PyEval_EvalFrameEx () from /usr/lib/libpython2.7.so.1.0

that's endless repeated... (until gdb was killed?) Maybe this caused kodi to hang?

I noted that even through I have two boxes only one freezed. Meanwhile I analysed that's a matter of recordings I'm doing. After some recordings on the other box the other box freezed too. Maybe the orginating segfault is located in the TVHeadend client near to the display of a upcoming, running recording?

Please help!

Best regards

Holger
Any ideas on this? The last thing in my log file is this:

ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

I haven't been able to capture a true debug log, as it doesn't seem to occur when debugging is enabled. It wouldn't be so bad if gdb didn't enter an endless loop when this happens. This forces me to power cycle or log in and killall gdb to get kodi going again. WAF is nearing zero now.

No videos or Live TV are playing when this occurs. In fact it only occurs after exiting a playback, never during a playback.
Clean install of latest release 17.3, same crashes as always. Log only shows this:

ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

Odroid C2 -> Onkyo TX-NR828 AVR -> LG TV

Never crashes while watching a stream, but can right after exiting one. Also crashes in middle of night with nothing at all going on. Still trying to get a debug log crash, but can't. It just won't crash with debug logging enabled. Sad
I finally got a debug/crash log, but it's 190 MB so......
I can't find anything in it directly indicating a problem either. Because gdb is stuck in a loop trying to do a stack trace, I had to simply kill it to get the log closed. I'm of the opinion that the MythPVR addon might be involved in all of this, but who knows. I turned off fanart and coverart in the addon and it didn't blow up last night, so maybe I'm on to something; only time will tell though. If the crashes stop, then we'll know something I think.
(2017-06-20, 17:31)afremont Wrote: I finally got a debug/crash log, but it's 190 MB so......
I can't find anything in it directly indicating a problem either. Because gdb is stuck in a loop trying to do a stack trace, I had to simply kill it to get the log closed. I'm of the opinion that the MythPVR addon might be involved in all of this, but who knows. I turned off fanart and coverart in the addon and it didn't blow up last night, so maybe I'm on to something; only time will tell though. If the crashes stop, then we'll know something I think.
Mine has died in framemove as well. No banned add-ons here either. If I recall correctly, there were problems a long time ago related to framemove causing crashes.

Sent from my Moto G (4)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crash results in looping gdb0