Multiple TV Show Libraries
Moderator: if this is in the wrong forum topic, please let me know where it should be and move it for me.

I have sorted my TV show collection into 4 folders and loaded each of them using the Videos->Files->Add Files function. I scraped each folder with TVDB. This resulted in the contents of all 4 folders being listed under the Home Menu->TV Shows button.

I then replaced the buttons under the TV Shows menus with buttons linked to each of the 4 folders. When I select one of these buttons I see a listing of shows contained in the associated folder. In all cases, I have the appropriate fan art, episode counts and whether it is marked as watched.

There is still one annoying problem regarding the display of empty show folders (Folder with show name but video file watched and deleted). When I display the full list from the TV Shows home menu, empty folders are not listed. When I use the submenu to select an individual folder, the empty show folders are listed with the episode count set to '0'. I can't seem to find a setting to correct this behavior.

If I run the Update Library function, the empty folders disappear, but when I leave and reenter the listing, they return.

I am using Kodi 17.1 with the Confluence skin and also tried this with the Estuary skin with the same results.

---------------------------------------------
For those that might be interested, I created the submenu buttons by

1. Copying the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi\system\library\video into %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata\library. This creates an override for the menus.The submenu for the TV Shows Home Menu item is in ...\library\video\tvshows

2. Removed all but the index.xml files from this folder. This removed all the submenu buttons from the TV Shows menu item

3 Added .xml files to define the four buttons corresponding to the TV folders

Example of the 4 files. This one accesses the folder in my Z:\Media\RecordedSeries folder. The file name is not important as long as it is an .xml. Comments after

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="1" type="filter"> <! Order is position in submenu list>
<label>Series</label>
<content>tvshows</content>
<rule field="path" operator="contains"> <! Rule filters the path to contain the string RecordedSeries >
<value>RecordedSeries</value>
</rule>
</node>
Quote: empty folders are not listed. When I use the submenu to select an individual folder, the empty show folders are listed with the episode count set to '0'

Have you checked the following setting?

Settings>Media Settings>Videos then find the option "Hide Empty TV Shows". Toggle on/off as required.

Although it won't answer why it hides in one list, but not the other. Might have something to do with your mods.
Actually the setting is the opposite - "Show Empty TV Shows". When on it shows the empty folders in all lists, when off, it only shows them in the submenu lists, not in the full list of shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple TV Show Libraries0