Win KODI Crashes on launch ("Kodi has stopped working")
This is the first time I've ever tried to install Kodi on this machine, and I get a crash ("Kodi has stopped working" popup) almost instantly after opening Kodi. I see the Kodi v17.1 Krypton logo before the "Kodi has stopped working" appears. I've not tried to touch anything in Kodi and it's a clean install apart from the creation of advancedsettings.xml to create the log file

I've tried removing the install (including all AppData/Kodi files) and re-installing, and also removing the DB file (Addons27.db I believe it was) as suggested in another thread, to no effect

1. Version of Kodi. Note - "Latest" is NOT a version of ANYTHING! (See below)

17.1 Git:20170320-fc1619b, 32-bit apparently (I just downloaded from the main site, I didn't see an x64 option)

2. Windows Version + Service Pack version (Vista SP1 / Windows 8.1 update 1 / etc.)

8.1 update 1, 64 bit

3. CPU/Architecture (make/model and eg. 32 or 64 bit.)

Intel i7 5820K

4. RAM amount (2 GB, 512MB etc)

16 GB

5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)

Download Kodi, install, launch.

6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem

Just this one PC:

Intel i7 5820k, 3.3 GHz, overclocked to 3.9 GHz but the problem occurs when running at stock speed too
16 GB DDR4 3200 MHz Quad Channel
nVidia GTX 1070 6GB
MSI X99 SLI Plus Motherboard

All drivers and Windows Update up to date as of 2017-05-10 as far as I'm aware

7. FULL Debug Log (see Section 3 below.) This is always useful even if the problem isn't actually captured as it may provide other clues and system information

Regular log (no AdvancedSettings.xml)
https://pastebin.com/HmkUmg7T

Debug log (Debug level 2)
https://pastebin.com/uhEhwUXA

Full verbose log (extra log levels 32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,8192,16384,32768,65536)
https://pastebin.com/yzKNa0A2
My installation of Kodi has been running well and I've been on 17.1 for a while now. Last night (May 10, 2017), the only thing that changed for me was a windows update, and now I have the same issue verbatim.
(2017-05-10, 19:49)nadelius Wrote: My installation of Kodi has been running well and I've been on 17.1 for a while now. Last night (May 10, 2017), the only thing that changed for me was a windows update, and now I have the same issue verbatim.

Addendum, I dug through my old %appdata% folder and removed everything. Addons, pictures, settings, preferences, playlists - EVERYTHING... After reinstall using the nightly build, Kodi now works for me. I'm not sure if I had bad apps (maybe the skin??) custom settings that conflicted with something or if the fix is with the nightly build, but things are definitely better.

I'm going to put all my custom setting and app selection back in place one piece at a time and see if the problem resurfaces. I'll repost if I find anything. Hope this helps.
Just tried your suggestion and the nightly crashes in the exact same way Sad
I guess I'm on my own with this one, then Sad
It's not getting to the splash screen which is highly indicative of a graphics driver issue. The log is validating both as adapters.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, adapter 0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, adapter 1

While \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{3F805AE5-03C9-47CF-B9C6-4D5EE344D288}\0000 is used. I'm no expert here but it's possible that adapter 0 should be adapter 1 The only concrete suggestion I can make is to consider a Windows 10 install and perhaps the driver /os combination will be the solve.
A Windows 10 install seems excessive - I'll see if I can remove all my GPU drivers and re-install though, I have upgraded from 970 to 1070 during this installation of Windows so I suppose it could've gotten confused due to that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KODI Crashes on launch ("Kodi has stopped working")0