Distortion during playback [ pvr.mythtv ]
Since Krypton, I've noticed that video playback of live and recorded video streams consistently show some level of distortion (black boxes fading in and out) along the bottom of the video. This is more pronounced on non-HD channels.

I've viewed he same videos with a proper mythtvfrontend and there is no distortion, so this is clearly a Kodi issue.

My frontend is kodi running on firetv (android).

Anyone else with this problem?
No sign of this problem on libreelec on Chromebox or on odroid c2.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-22, 02:11)kraka40 Wrote: Since Krypton, I've noticed that video playback of live and recorded video streams consistently show some level of distortion (black boxes fading in and out) along the bottom of the video. This is more pronounced on non-HD channels.

I've viewed he same videos with a proper mythtvfrontend and there is no distortion, so this is clearly a Kodi issue.

My frontend is kodi running on firetv (android).

Anyone else with this problem?
I have this problem with Kodi 17.5 and 17.6 running on Fire TV.  Have you found a solution?  

I performed a factory reset on the Fire TV and reinstalled Kodi 17.6, now when I skip forward it freezes with the waiting circle.  Any ideas on that?
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Distortion during playback [ pvr.mythtv ]0