Kodi Dedicated Media Player
Big Grin 
I'm using Kodi 17.1 as a dedicated media player, and I have my blu rays set up properly (where they are scrapped as movies, and show up in the title/genre files). Now I want to be able to set up my Disney blu rays separately, so they aren't listed with my main movies. I would also like to do that with my DVDs and the Disney DVDs. It's probably an easy thing, but could someone please explain it to the dork newbie here? Many thanks!!
Firstly, ensure that your Disney media is in it's own separate directory, and add that as a new source in Kodi.

There are a few ways to do it. Start off by considering these three... http://kodi.wiki/view/Video_management#H....2C_etc.29

1. Custom home items
2. Playlists
3. Video nodes
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-05-23, 00:54)Truegatorguy Wrote: I'm using Kodi 17.1 as a dedicated media player, and I have my blu rays set up properly (where they are scrapped as movies, and show up in the title/genre files). Now I want to be able to set up my Disney blu rays separately, so they aren't listed with my main movies. I would also like to do that with my DVDs and the Disney DVDs. It's probably an easy thing, but could someone please explain it to the dork newbie here? Many thanks!!

The operative word in this request was "DORK NEWBIE" -- meaning, I can't read/write/understand XML code

Any help here? Thanks
I did provide you assistance. If you expect me, or any other member, to write a complete instruction manual here, then you misunderstand this forum. That is why we have a wiki.

I have given one instruction on how to store your media to ease the process.

I have given you three options to achieve your goal.

Instead of asking further questions, you chose to go to another section of this forum to ask the same question... most likely to get an answer you liked better. http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314898

Did you read the wiki for any of those three options? XML coding is not required. Reading IS required.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hmmm.. well, that's interesting!
He's given you the answer. Your 'can't read/write/understand XML code' just shows you haven't bothered to read the link, because you don't need to touch an .xml to do this.
FWIW what I do:
Move stuff I want to view separately to its own folder eg 'Folder stuff'
Make a smart playlist* pointing to 'Folder stuff' using 'path' and 'starts with'
Use a skin that lets you put custom items on the home screen (there are loads of them) and point to the smart playlist.

* in Karellen's link.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Dedicated Media Player0