AC3 problems
fatez Wrote:Hey Eduo, if u have time, can u implement the AC3 Passthrough like VLC applications?
This is already available with OSXBMC, and the majority of users have no issues.
But why doesen't work in my machine? And why doesn't work in some others machine?

This is my log :

http://www.2shared.com/file/2916751/8c4cdbfc/xbmc.html

And this is my midi setup:

I don't know, but the fun part is trying to find out!
Your MIDI setup looks identical to mine. What receiver are you using?
One person was sending digital output to the SA-CD port of his receiver; I'm not saying you're doing this, but the receiver definitely plays a role. I would be the first to suspect my code, but since so many people are having success, my temptation would be to look elsewhere. Narrow the problem down by using different videos, different inputs, and yes, different receivers.

-elan
Hey but there is a mistake:

Why with VLC can i play divx in 5.1 in same receiver?

I've a Creative DD5.1 5500 and repeat.. with same OS, same divx i have DD5.1 only with VLC.

Why VLC can shift in 5.1 mode out?

Where is the mistake in my system?

Please help me/us to find this mistake
Then I'd probably say that either:

* Your receiver is picky, and the stream we send out isn't "official" enough.

* There's something wrong with your audio settings.

I've already discussed how we do things a bit differently than VLC. That doesn't seem to matter for most people, but it could definitely be improved.

-elan
I'd tend to agree, considering the fact that you can't seem to get it working with QT/Perian either. If you can, try plugging it into another receiver. That will at least help you narrow things down a little bit. VLC's AC3 support is much more mature than most other OS X projects that I've come across thus far.

elan Wrote:Then I'd probably say that either:

* Your receiver is picky, and the stream we send out isn't "official" enough.

* There's something wrong with your audio settings.

I've already discussed how we do things a bit differently than VLC. That doesn't seem to matter for most people, but it could definitely be improved.

-elan
I don't have any other receiver Sad

But is true, in my case, to set "Passthrough Output Device" in "S/PDIF" ?

I have a MiniMac with optical calbe... (s/pdif is the digital output?)

10x a lot e sorry for my/us questions
No luky for me..

I've changed the receiver but the problem isn't solved.

Is this a problem for Mac Intel users?

How can i resolv it?

Plz guuru.. i'm desperated Sad
It works fine for lots of people. I'm sorry I don't really know what I can suggest except the standard resetting of preferences/reinstalling of things.

The fact that you've changed the receiver probably means it's a software issue on your Mac, something that's influencing the audio stream the way we do things vs the way that VLC does things.

The passthrough audio device shouldn't matter, you can leave that alone, just make sure that AC3 and DTS passthrough are enabled, and that the audio output mode is digital. At this point you should hear the static/hiss of encoding digital audio if all is set correctly in XBMC but your receiver is not able to decode it.

-elan
I'm out of answers besides backup your data and fresh install OS X on your computer. It's a little odd that both Perian and OSXBMC won't output AC3 Audio. If you want to do a re-install do the following:

1) reinstall OS X
2) Immediately load XBMC before other programs
3) Test if AC3 output works

If it does work start re-installing your software, testing XBMC ever couple of installs to make sure it still works.

This would rule out any other applications/settings that may have been set and are breaking XBMC.
You could also try creating a new user. That would ensure that at least the user settings were reset.

-elan
I haven't thought of using a new user account for it, will try when I get back home..sound logical and hopefull, will post my progress tonight.

Thanx guys
No luky for me.

I tryed to create an new account.. but no dolby digital.
I've reinstall OSX Leopard and no audio in 5.1

I do not undestand why with QT and osxbmc the passthrought doesen't work.

Repeat : The same file avi+AC3 works right with VLC so i can say that my receiver is working fine.

Osxbmc use a different code/library respect VLC?
Can You inject the vlc's code into ur project plz?

PS: i've tried 2 different receiver. The first is a Creative inspire 5500 the second is a newest YAMAHA!

pls if u can, inject the vlc code

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AC3 problems0