EyeTV PVR Addon back-end client built-into to XBMC for using XBMC as a PVR front-end?
Hilbe, can you go into detail about exactly how and with what hardware are you recording these files.

The issue is (from your sample file);

nb_programs reports 11 programs, but all but one is valid. That one contains just two audio streams. However, nb_streams says, there are three streams, one video, two audio.

In CDVDDemuxFFmpeg, nb_programs is checked before nb_streams so XBMC picks the nb_programs path for demuxing. If I force, nb_programs = 0, then XBMC takes the nb_streams path and your sample plays fine.

So the question here is, are we dealing with a malformed mpegts or is there a bug in ffmpeg.
davilla Wrote:Hilbe, can you go into detail about exactly how and with what hardware are you recording these files.

The issue is (from your sample file);

nb_programs reports 11 programs, but all but one is valid. That one contains just two audio streams. However, nb_streams says, there are three streams, one video, two audio.

In CDVDDemuxFFmpeg, nb_programs is checked before nb_streams so XBMC picks the nb_programs path for demuxing. If I force, nb_programs = 0, then XBMC takes the nb_streams path and your sample plays fine.

So the question here is, are we dealing with a malformed mpegts or is there a bug in ffmpeg.

I have a HD HomeRun by Silicon Dust. It has 2 coaxial cable lines coming in from my cable company Wide Open West (WOW). All the WOW channels I get are ClearQAM channels, but not all are HD. The HD recordings must be encoded differently by my cable provider, since they play fine in XBMC. EyeTV receives the input from the HD HomeRun and supposedly saves the input unaltered it to this mpg file.
ok, I have an HD HomeRun but it's recording OTA. The HD HomeRun does not touch the bits but just transports them. So this mpegts format is coming from your provider un-mangled by the HD HomeRun or eyetv.
davilla Wrote:ok, I have an HD HomeRun but it's recording OTA. The HD HomeRun does not touch the bits but just transports them. So this mpegts format is coming from your provider un-mangled by the HD HomeRun or eyetv.

Thats what I believe yes. I can send you another mpg if you want some more test samples.
fixed in svn, pull 18288 as this fixes the Xcode build.
I tested the pre-built SVN and it did indeed fix the SDTV programs such as the one I sent you. However, now my HDTV no longer work. The audio comes through but shows some gobbly gook on the video. Do you need an HD recording now?
Grrr, yes. drop a sample to ftp.cloee.net. Thanks.
000000000f62ca39.mpg

A little bigger since its HD.
Hilbe Wrote:000000000f62ca39.mpg

A little bigger since its HD.

Plays fine for me Smile 1280x720 @60Hz. This is from svn 18291
Hello there,

I've been searching the net for info, and have a few facts to share to clarify the status of EyeTV / XBMC Integration, which I'm eager to see refined Smile

— EyeTV Has a SDK that allows to access the raw streams. However it seems that only a subset of adapters are supported, and for MPEG2 only. Seems also that the SDK hasn't been updated in a while, but maybe the API allows more than described.
Link : http://www.elgato.com/elgato/int/mainmen...TV.en.html

— XBMCEyeTVParser & Scraper are nice, but have various problems,
ranging from character encoding problems (accented chars are causing problems while parsing, or generating thumbs), to a lack of features (no recording, no live tv, no advanced management…)

— The Guys at VLC project have a working (I have tested it) plugin for EyeTV that allows VLC to select, display, and record channels :
It seems to me that XBMC could use the knowledge brought by VLC's team,
and implement that into our favorite Media Center.

Cheers !
I just bought eyetv for my front room mac mini. I have plex and eyetv running. I use an xbox and xbmc in the bedroom. I added a upnp source to xbmc, found my eyetv folder.

Without any new encoding or extra plugin I am able to view my original file library, and shows currently recording and encoding (I change them to divx automatically after recording is finished).

What is the benefit to the eyetv parser?
Smile 
I have now finnished my EyeTV Live xbmc plugin for mac. I try to upload to any server and post on it thread.

Regards,
I have a dedicated server on which I can upload your work if you are interested Big Grin .

Contact me using private messages for more information.
spacezed Wrote:I have now finnished my EyeTV Live xbmc plugin for mac. I try to upload to any server and post on it thread.

Regards,

Whauu, any news here?
ridderdk Wrote:Whauu, any news here?

Yes, I'm also very interested in such a functionality Smile Hope there is somthing on the way...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EyeTV PVR Addon back-end client built-into to XBMC for using XBMC as a PVR front-end?0