Jerky playback issue 17.3
Hi. I am a new Kodi user, and I heard good thing about it so I installed 17.3 on my Windows 7 sp1 64bit laptop and run it on a 2nd monitor running at 3840x2160.

I have a GTX980m Nvidia card, Intel i7-6820HK processor and 32g ram.

I just ran speedtest.net and my bandwidth is currently 53.94mps down and 17.82 up.

Every time I try to play anything I get perfect sound but the picture keeps jerking about every half a second and wherever I visit I cannot get it to play smoothly at all, be it live or pre-recorded. I have tried looking around for various suggestions as to how to solve this problem but have not had any luck so far.

I have a great system and bandwidth so why can I not get a single thing to play smoothly? It also affects the mouse movement on the second monitor when I move it there as it also jerks when I move it across the screen.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Jerky mouse movement indicates something (most likely gfx engine) is a bottle neck. The keybaord 'o' command while playing a video will probably show you the bottle necks. (noting: Windows 7 sp1 64bit laptop and run it on a 2nd monitor running at 3840x2160) can you reduce the screen size to 1920x1080 one screen for the purpose of a test.
(2017-06-06, 23:05)PatK Wrote: Jerky mouse movement indicates something (most likely gfx engine) is a bottle neck. The keybaord 'o' command while playing a video will probably show you the bottle necks. (noting: Windows 7 sp1 64bit laptop and run it on a 2nd monitor running at 3840x2160) can you reduce the screen size to 1920x1080 one screen for the purpose of a test.

I dropped the resolution down to 1920x1080 and that seems to have solved the problem of the playback jerkiness and my mouse is working properly again.

Many, many thanks Patk. Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jerky playback issue 17.30