DVD Remote Control question
can i power on/off my xbox using the dvd remote control?
short answer: no

longer answer: yes, if you have an app running with "power down capabilities" (like evox or xbmp/c).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

you can make or buy a xir-reciver (xbox infra-red reciver), which is a homemade mod with which you can power-on/off you xbox
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i have evox 2.5 installed. how does this "power down capabilitie" work? do i also need a hardware mod?
you need a hardware mod to switch on via remote/game controller. switching off is supported by some applications.

i use the ir-mod from chiptech. which works like a charm.

it even comes in a solderless version. unfortunately the manual only comes in german but i installed it by looking at the pictures. and i don't know german.  Smile

this ir-chip also has support for switching bios-banks on your bios mod-chip. but i don't know if that only counts for chiptechs own bios mod-chip. (i have xecuter2.3pro and don't use it.) it is actually totally independant of the bios mod-chip.

and i don't work for chiptech  :lol:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD Remote Control question0