IR remote is OLD tech....
....what's wrong with bluetooth or WLAN?

I'm not even close to smart enough but maybe someone out there is and could do the scripting for Salling Clicker to control XBMC, it works with over 300 bluetooth or WLAN phones etc ?

oh, and there's the iPhone/iPod Touch option now....

Now that would be some remote........heck, you could even stream the video to your iPhone from OSXBMC across your WLAN.....couldn't you ?

I know, we've got other priorities at the moment but could we add these to the wish list?
There is an iPhone/iPod touch solution discussed here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ght=iphone

It works pretty well. This kind of solution will (in my mind) only augment, never replace a good old IR remote control.
Support for Bluetooth / other non-IR input mechanisms is in the works.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

I don't know, fall-line. Salling Clicker on my Treo & Vista box is downright amazing. I'm a big fan of tactile feedback from good ol' remote controls, but it would be sweet to have a touchscreen ipod or whatever whose screen would change depending on what XBMC screen you're on.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves, right now I'd be happy to be able to play music and ISOs over SMB :-)
Mac: White iMac Core Duo, Radeon mobility X1300 128MB video, Broadcom CrystalHD Mini PCIe OS X 10.5.6
PC: Mythbuntu 10.10, Dual-core Pentium 2.0GHZ, 2GB RAM, GeForce 9400 PCIe
TV: 60" Sharp Aquos connected via HDMI
...And a launch day Boxee Box!
I'm not read up on Salling clicker but if it could reach the Web API of xbmc it would be pretty easy to add support for it.

I know you are on osx but Lirc on Linux should support Bluetooth phones (Not tested it though)

And the problem with bluetooth is that there really isn't a cross platform solution for it (hence the time taken for it) so if noone steps up and program it for osx it won't be made.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IR remote is OLD tech....0