Custom Command to switch skin???
(2020-06-24, 13:33)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 12:21)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 07:44)derrgoo123 Wrote: This is exactly what I am looking for as well. Can you post again for kodi 18.7 by any chance?

derrgoo123, this script should do it, you can edit the addon.py to add more skins..  https://filebin.net/fh9lxcz1216kcz1f

Thank you for this link. I am a real newbie when it comes to this type of add on. I am currently using eminence and arctic zephyr 2. I want to make a submenu to switch to Zephyr and visa versa. Possible to guide me in doing that?
Well, did you install it? Most skins are already setup in this addon. Open the addon, it should show you what skins you can switch to, add the selection to favorites, and use the favorite as the submenu item.
Yes sir. Installed and made zypher as the favorite. Then put the favorite on the submenu and when pushed it goes to estuary and gives this error “unable to load skin missing some files”
(2020-06-24, 13:58)derrgoo123 Wrote: Yes sir. Installed and made zypher as the favorite. Then put the favorite on the submenu and when pushed it goes to estuary and gives this error “unable to load skin missing some files”

That means either you dont have that skin installed, or the skin ID doesnt match what the skin is thats preset in the skin switcher. You might need to edit the addon.py file in the skin switcher addon to match your skin ID.
(2020-06-24, 17:08)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 13:58)derrgoo123 Wrote: Yes sir. Installed and made zypher as the favorite. Then put the favorite on the submenu and when pushed it goes to estuary and gives this error “unable to load skin missing some files”

That means either you dont have that skin installed, or the skin ID doesnt match what the skin is thats preset in the skin switcher.

I was also thinking that because I have both skins installed. I saw the list of skins in the file and how they are structured.

Dumb question here, but is the skin ID just the name or how would I confirm in the skin ID that it is correct?
(2020-06-24, 17:21)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 17:08)jdig4240 Wrote:

That means either you dont have that skin installed, or the skin ID doesnt match what the skin is thats preset in the skin switcher.

I was also thinking that because I have both skins installed. I saw the list of skins in the file and how they are structured.

Dumb question here, but is the skin ID just the name or how would I confirm in the skin ID that it is correct?

Go the the skin folder in the addons folder and open the addon.xml, you will see the
<addonid="skin.xxxx"
(2020-06-24, 18:42)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 17:21)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 17:08)jdig4240 Wrote: That means either you dont have that skin installed, or the skin ID doesnt match what the skin is thats preset in the skin switcher.

Go the the skin folder in the addons folder and open the addon.xml, you will see the
<addonid="skin.xxxx"

I got it to work finally! Lol now when I change one skin the other changes too. Nothing easy. Hahah but learning slowly. Thanks!
(2020-06-27, 13:05)derrgoo123 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 18:42)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-06-24, 17:21)derrgoo123 Wrote: I was also thinking that because I have both skins installed. I saw the list of skins in the file and how they are structured.

<addonid="skin.xxxx"

I got it to work finally! Lol now when I change one skin the other changes too. Nothing easy. Hahah but learning slowly. Thanks!

You need to disable "Enable shared menus" in skin shortcuts dependency if you want to use 2 skins that use skin shortcuts.
I ended up changing skins because I couldn’t figure it out!

Where would I find “Enable shared menus" in skin shortcuts dependency” in the skin folder?
(2020-06-29, 08:26)derrgoo123 Wrote: I ended up changing skins because I couldn’t figure it out!

Where would I find “Enable shared menus" in skin shortcuts dependency” in the skin folder?

Open Kodi settings/System/Addons/Manage dependencies/Skin Shortcuts.
(2020-06-30, 13:07)jdig4240 Wrote:
(2020-06-29, 08:26)derrgoo123 Wrote: I ended up changing skins because I couldn’t figure it out!

Open Kodi settings/System/Addons/Manage dependencies/Skin Shortcuts.

Very nice. Found it. Appreciate your help very much!
@jdig4240 just a suggestion, perhaps upload the script to github and provide link in this thread then it becomes permanently available to everyone rather than use expiring file download links.
@ed_davidson , @jdig4240 , @jjd-uk 

None of the download links provided works. (In my personal experience, neither dropbox nor filebin links live much longer than the day on which they were posted.) Setting up a github repo being such an involved business, could Team Kodi set up a directory for members to share their uploads? The way it is done at xda developers?
Github is the best place to share code, and there is zero point in us offering something which we've then got to maintain. It only starts getting involved if you want to setup a Kodi repo for download for installation directly within Kodi, but this is not at all necessary. Simply uploading the code to github would allow zip download for manual installation.
I did not know that github is an alternative file sharing service (as easy to use as dropbox or gdrive). If it is so, then you are right, there is no point in you maintainnig a file sharing/download service.

As a side note, I think you should then dissuade people from sharing Kodi related code in a manner other than github.
(2019-10-13, 18:52)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2017-10-18, 01:40)CellarDoorTV Wrote:
(2017-10-18, 01:36)CellarDoorTV Wrote:  
Hi there, the file isn't available on dropbox anymore. I was just wondering if any of you guys could share the add-on with me please? Kind regards,Will 
Sorry about that

Here is the addon https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve45ce95xktgv6...1.zip?dl=1
Don't suppose this is still available anywhere?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Command to switch skin???0